Digital TV News: iN DEMAND
Disney+ global expansion built on AWS infrastructure
Apr 29, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has unveiled that The Walt Disney Company is using AWS for the global rollout of Disney+. Using AWS infrastructure, Disney+ has been able to rapidly expand to 59 countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, The Walt Disney Company, Carla Stratfold, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Media and Entertainment in India to reach ₹2.23 trillion by 2023
Mar 26, 2021 – The Indian Media and Entertainment (M&E) sector is expected to grow by 25% in 2021 to reach ₹1.73 trillion (US$23.7 billion) according to a FICCI-EY report. The sector is expected to reach ₹2.23 trillion (US$30.6 billion) by 2023.
News categories: FICCI, EY, Dilip Chenoy, Ashish Pherwani, Digital TV, India, Market Research
Beltelecom adds new features to ZALA IPTV platform
Jan 22, 2021 – Beltelecom has upgraded its ZALA IPTV platform, adding access to online cinemas, YouTube and storage platforms as well as interaction with social networks, video cameras and payment services.
News categories: Beltelecom, ZTE, Sergey Turomsha, Vadim Shaibakov, Belarus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
CTV insights business, App Science, launches from stealth
Dec 16, 2020 – App Science has announced its official launch. App Science correlates mobile data with connected TV data for individual households, resulting in richer, more sophisticated insights into audiences.
News categories: App Science, Helen Lum, Aziz Rahim, Marka Hinkamp, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Telcos in Asia/Pacific performing better than expected
Nov 6, 2020 – Worldwide spending on telecommunication and pay TV services will reach $1,565 billion in 2020, representing a decline of 1.1% year on year, according to IDC. The market is not expected to achieve pre-COVID-19 spending levels until 2022.
News categories: IDC, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
Sony and Xbox games strategies diverge as Cloud streaming shapes future
Oct 5, 2020 – According to Strategy Analytics, Sony remains focused on improving the gaming experience on the large screen, while Microsoft is more concerned with making games available across as many devices as possible.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, David Watkins, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
Sep 30, 2020 – Bitmovin has revealed the results of its fourth annual 'Video Developer Report' showcasing the current state of the video/streaming/OTT industry along with challenges being faced by video developers and the latest trends.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics