Digital TV News: iN DEMAND
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community
Sep 13, 2021 – Credersi has announced that it will develop a global training programme for RDK. The training programme will include RDK for video, broadband, and cameras to train and certify technicians and corporations in RDK software integration.
News categories: Credersi, RDK Management, Andy Lord, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, UK, Worldwide
German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
Jul 27, 2021 – The market for pay TV and paid video ion Germany continues to show highly-dynamic growth according to VAUNET. Revenues generated by pay TV und paid VoD reached a total volume of 4.2 billion euros in 2020.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Hannes Heyelmann, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
U.S. tech revenue to hit $487 billion in 2021
Jul 15, 2021 – According to the CTA, subscription video streaming services will see continued growth in demand in 2021. TV shipments will reach 45 million units, with NEXTGEN TV shipments up nearly sixfold to 2.1 million units.
News categories: CTA, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, USA, VR
Disney+ global expansion built on AWS infrastructure
Apr 29, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has unveiled that The Walt Disney Company is using AWS for the global rollout of Disney+. Using AWS infrastructure, Disney+ has been able to rapidly expand to 59 countries across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, The Walt Disney Company, Carla Stratfold, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Media and Entertainment in India to reach ₹2.23 trillion by 2023
Mar 26, 2021 – The Indian Media and Entertainment (M&E) sector is expected to grow by 25% in 2021 to reach ₹1.73 trillion (US$23.7 billion) according to a FICCI-EY report. The sector is expected to reach ₹2.23 trillion (US$30.6 billion) by 2023.
News categories: FICCI, EY, Dilip Chenoy, Ashish Pherwani, Digital TV, India, Market Research
Beltelecom adds new features to ZALA IPTV platform
Jan 22, 2021 – Beltelecom has upgraded its ZALA IPTV platform, adding access to online cinemas, YouTube and storage platforms as well as interaction with social networks, video cameras and payment services.
News categories: Beltelecom, ZTE, Sergey Turomsha, Vadim Shaibakov, Belarus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
CTV insights business, App Science, launches from stealth
Dec 16, 2020 – App Science has announced its official launch. App Science correlates mobile data with connected TV data for individual households, resulting in richer, more sophisticated insights into audiences.
News categories: App Science, Helen Lum, Aziz Rahim, Marka Hinkamp, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil