Digital TV News: ALTBalaji
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ALTBalaji, Microsoft and Eko India pilot cloud network that saves cellular data
Sep 24, 2019 – ALTBalaji has announced an alliance with Microsoft and Eko India Financial Services that will allow its subscribers to use Microsoft’s BlendNet technology to download and access ALTBalaji content without consuming large amounts of cellular data.
News categories: Microsoft, ALTBalaji, Eko India, Dr. Sriram Rajamani, Meetul Patel, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Abhinav Sinha, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT
Reliance Industries invests in Balaji Telefilms
Jul 20, 2017 – The Board of Directors of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has approved an investment in Balaji Telefilms Limited (BTL), to acquire 24.92% of BTL’s equity, through subscription to a preferential issue of shares by BTL to RIL.
News categories: Reliance Industries, Balaji Telefilms, Digital TV, India, MnA, OTT
ALTBalaji to be available on Opera TV powered devices
Jun 26, 2017 – ALTBalaji has announced its content availability on Opera TV. This means that all Smart TVs, Blu-ray disc players and set-top boxes powered by Opera TV, will provide instant access to over 250 hours of original content from ALTBalaji.
News categories: ALTBalaji, Opera, Sunil Nair, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
ALTBalaji launches global OTT service with Diagnal And Xstream
Mar 2, 2017 – ALTBalaji has marked its entry into the OTT entertainment space. Its S-VOD service will be available from mid-April 2017. ALTBalaji is developed, designed, and integrated by Diagnal based on a video management system from Xstream.
News categories: ALTBalaji, Diagnal, Xstream, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues