Digital TV News: ANCOM
Romanian DTH subscriber base shrank in 1H2010
Dec 8, 2010 – Romania's National Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has published its half-yearly electronic communications market report. Romania had 2.63 million digital pay TV subscribers at the end of June 2010.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania cancels tender for DTT multiplexes
Aug 31, 2010 – Following the official announcement that the switch to digital terrestrial broadcasting will be delayed by three years to 2015, Romania's Communications Authority (ANCOM) has cancelled the auction of the country's first two DTT multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania Launches Terms of Reference for DTT Multiplex Licensing
Jul 1, 2010 – Romania's communications regulator (ANCOM) has launched Terms of Reference for the selection procedure for the granting the licences for the use of spectrum for the first two DVB-T multiplexes in the country.
News categories: Autoritatea Naţională pentru Administrare şi Reglementare în Comunicaţii, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Sigma Designs and Western Mediabridge to Demo Android™ Set-Top Box at CES
Jan 5, 2010 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and Western Mediabridge (a Celrun company) have announced that they will be demonstrating the world's first commercially available Android™ set-top box (STB) along with several additional advanced STB solutions at CES.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Western MediaBridge, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Romanian Pay-TV subscribers up 22%
Dec 3, 2008 – According to the latest half yearly report published by Romania's Autoritatii Nationale pentru Comunicatii (ANC), the total number of pay TV subscribers in the country has risen from 4.56 million at the end of June 2007 to 5.58 million by mid-2008.
News categories: Autoritatea Naţională pentru Administrare şi Reglementare în Comunicaţii, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029