Digital TV News: ATEME
ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
Aug 1, 2022 – ENENSYS and Ateme have announced that WCRN TV 31 Boston has launched the region’s first ATSC 3.0/NEXTGEN TV platform with their ATSC 3.0-in-a-box software-based solution.
News categories: ENENSYS, Ateme, WCRN, Dave Brass, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Ateme enables headend virtualization for MyTV in Vietnam
May 31, 2022 – Ateme has announced that it has virtualized the headend of MyTV in Vietnam using its native cloud-based TITAN software suite, composed of multiscreen linear encoders and linear multiplexers with scrambling capabilities.
News categories: Ateme, MyTV, Nguyen Duc Long, Nguyen Hong Phong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
Tivify to use Ateme transcoding for low-latency live-stream
May 26, 2022 – Ateme has announced that Tivify will live-stream the UEFA Champions League Final using Ateme's TITAN transcoding solution and based on the Common Media Application Format (CMAF), which significantly reduces latency.
News categories: Ateme, TVUP, Tivify, Cédric Pesier, Francisco Sáez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
NPAW introduces natural language video insights search
Apr 24, 2022 – NPAW has introduced NaLa, a natural language-based video insights search tool. Integrated into the NPAW Suite of video analytics solutions, NaLa leverages ML and natural language processing to handle data search requests based on simple, common-speech questions.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
R&S and Qualcomm to show 5G Broadcast streaming to smartphones at CABSAT 2022
Apr 14, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm will show end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming at CABSAT 2022. The demonstration will deliver pre-recorded content over-the-air to provide an advanced live mobile experience.
News categories: Qualcomm, Rohde & Schwarz, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East
Ateme enables Solbox private VOD transcoding farm
Mar 29, 2022 – Ateme has announced that it has enabled Solbox to build a private VOD transcoding farm in the cloud servicing OTT service providers. The Korean CDN provider is using Ateme's TITAN File transcoding solution
News categories: Ateme, Solbox, Boyang Ang, SeungHwan Yu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
Mola TV selects Ateme 4K UHD live streaming platform
Mar 22, 2022 – Ateme has announced that it has enabled 4K UHD live streaming with Dolby Audio for Mola TV in Indonesia. Mola TV opted for Ateme's complete streaming solution including encoders, packagers and a CDN, as well as its 4K UHD video compression.
News categories: Ateme, Mola TV, Sean Tan, CP Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
Ateme helps Fórum SBTVD choose video coding system for TV 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2022 – Ateme has announced that the Brazilian Terrestrial Television System Forum (Fórum SBTVD) used its TITAN Live solution to select VVC as the sole mandatory video coding system for the countries new TV 3.0 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Ateme, Fórum SBTVD, Mickael Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media power Avatel OTT service in Spain
Feb 24, 2022 – Avatel is delivering the OTT service with an end-to-end solution that includes VO's Service Delivery Platform, Multi-DRM, and Secure Video Player; encoding, origin packaging, Cloud DVR, and CDN from Ateme; and multiscreen apps from Optiva Media.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media, Avatel, Arnaud Alvarez, Alfredo Navarro, Cristina Garcés, Oriol Pedrals, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes