Digital TV News: Alexa
Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
Mar 4, 2021 – The Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer will be the first vehicles in the automotive industry to integrate Amazon Fire TV for Auto, giving passengers access to their favorite shows, movies, apps, unique vehicle features and Alexa.
News categories: Stellantis, Amazon, Christian Meunier, Sandeep Gupta, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, USA
Wiztivi makes voice control accessible for operators
Jan 28, 2021 – Wiztivi has announced a solution allowing operators, media and OTT players to integrate voice control into their UI. With Sagemcom, Wiztivi has enabled Vodafone and SFR to create a TV experience using smart speakers.
News categories: Wiztivi, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
Jan 21, 2021 – Wyplay is now a member of the Amazon Alexa Solution Providers network. Wyplay has helped TV operators integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) on multiple hardware devices and operating systems.
News categories: Wyplay, Amazon, Dominique Feral, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
Jan 15, 2021 – FCA will be the first automaker to implement Amazon's Alexa Custom Assistant into its vehicles. The Alexa Custom Assistant can be tailored to each FCA brand personality and customer need with a unique wake word, voice, skills and capabilities.
News categories: Alexa, Fiat Chrysler, Ned Curic, Mark Stewart, Big Data, In-Car, Smart Home, Worldwide
Roku TV no. 1 Smart TV OS in the U.S. and Canada
Jan 8, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS was the No. 1 smart TV OS sold in the U.S. and Canada. Roku TV had 38% market share in the US and 31% in Canada, based on data from January 5 to December 26, 2020.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
KONKA enters North American smart home market
Dec 21, 2020 – KONKA has announced that it will enter the smart home market with the debut of its KONKASmart line-up at Digital CES. The KONKASmart product lineup will be available in North America beginning in Spring 2021.
News categories: KONKA, CES, North America, Smart Home
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA
Roku OS 9.4 brings support for Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit
Nov 11, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that, with the release of Roku OS 9.4, Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support is now available on select 4K Roku devices, including the Roku Ultra, Roku Streambar, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Streaming Stick+, and Roku Premiere.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Canada, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK, USA
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV