Digital TV News: Altice
Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
Sep 20, 2021 – Altice France has entered into an exclusivity agreement to acquire 100% of Coriolis S.A. Coriolis is a French independent Telecom group, offering mobile and fixed telecom services to more than 500 thousand customers.
News categories: Altice France, Coriolis, Grégory Rabuel, Pierre Bontemps, France, MandA
U.S. STB initiative saves consumers $2 billion in energy costs
Aug 23, 2021 – An agreement between the pay TV industry and energy efficiency advocates, led by the CTA, NCTA and CableLabs, has cut energy usage of STBs by more than half in the U.S., since it was established eight years ago.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,230,000 subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 17, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,230,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,505,000 in 2Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
Jul 28, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Residential quarterly video net losses were 48k in Q2 2021 compared to 35k video net losses in Q2 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
Jul 19, 2021 – Altice USA has unveiled Optimum Stream and Suddenlink Stream, a 4K streaming device powered by Android TV. The box, available to its broadband-only customers, is free with 1-Gig plans. Otherwise it costs $5 per month.
News categories: Altice USA, Hakim Boubazine, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. pay TV loses over 18 million subscribers between 2014 and 2020
Jul 8, 2021 – Parks Associates estimates that between 2014 and 2020, the US pay TV industry lost over 18 million subscribers. Pay TV operators are thus seeking alternatives to traditional pay TV for their consumer services arsenal.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
Jun 24, 2021 – MediaKind has announced that Altice Portugal's MEO has deployed MediaKind's low-latency streaming solution to enhance its live coverage of the Union of the UEFA European Championship this summer.
News categories: MediaKind, Altice Portugal, MEO, Damien Montessuit, José Pedro Nascimento, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal
'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
Jun 22, 2021 – Several U.S. television distributors and TV brands have announced the formation of Go Addressable, an industry initiative designed to accelerate efforts to deliver scaled, addressable TV.
News categories: Go Addressable, Adam Gerber, Mike Dean, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,895,000 subscribers in 1Q 2021
May 19, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) hasfound that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,895,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,955,000 in 1Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated