Digital TV News: Amagi
NHL appoints Amagi as FAST channel technology provider
May 8, 2023 – Amagi has announced that the National Hockey League (NHL) has selected the company to create and distribute its first FAST channel to The Roku Channel, and other platforms in the future.
News categories: Amagi, National Hockey League, Srinivasan KA, Chris Foster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
A+E Networks EMEA expands FAST footprint with Amagi
Apr 20, 2023 – Amagi has partnered with A+E Networks EMEA to distribute three FAST channels in the UK. A+E has deployed Amagi's cloud solutions in the past for playout and channel delivery in Europe.
News categories: Amagi, A+E Networks, Srinivasan KA, Matthew Westrup, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Amagi powers FAST channels at Estrella Media
Apr 17, 2023 – Amagi has expanded its partnership with Estrella Media to streamline the ingest segmentation, creation, distribution, and monetization of Estrella's FAST channels.
News categories: Amagi, Estrella Media, Srinivasan KA, René Santaella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Sinclair migrates playout to the cloud with Amagi
Apr 14, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Sinclair Broadcast Group will deploy Amagi's solutions to migrate from the on-premise playout of its local broadcast stations to the cloud.
News categories: Amagi, Sinclair, Srinivasan KA, Mike Kralec, Del Parks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Accedo, Amagi and ThinkAnalytics bring linear personalization to FAST
Apr 15, 2023 – Accedo, Amagi and ThinkAnalytics have partnered to bring viewer-centric experiences to FAST. The solution uses ThinkAnalytics discovery, with Amagi EPGs and channels, in a personalized UX from Accedo.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Amagi, Accedo, Greg Riker, Baskar Subramanian, Michael Lantz, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Imagine Communications partners with Amagi
Apr 13, 2023 – Imagine Communications has announced a partnership with Amagi to enable the movement of contribution, playout, and distribution workflows between Imagine on-premises solutions and Amagi cloud services.
News categories: Amagi, Imagine Communications, Baskar Subramanian, Tom Cotney, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Amagi and Encompass Digital Media partner on Cloud solutions and managed services
Apr 12, 2023 – Amagi has announced a partnership combining Encompass Digital Media's expertise in managed broadcast services with Amagi's leadership in cloud-native playout and content monetization.
News categories: Amagi, Encompass Digital Media, Baskar Subramanian, Alan Young, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
Mar 28, 2023 – Canela Media has partnered with Amagi to gain access to Amagi's FAST marketplace, a platform with hundreds of fully monetized FAST channels powered by Amagi's streaming SaaS technology.
News categories: Amagi, Canela Media, Srinivasan KA, Karsten Amlie, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform