Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
Amdocs' Vubiquity aggregates video metadata with MetaVU
Apr 20, 2022 – Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced MetaVU. Built on AWS, MetaVU aggregates metadata into a single point of integration from both internal and external data sources, enabling marketing teams to create more targeted promotions and enable rich consumer experiences.
News categories: Amdocs, Anthony Goonetilleke, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Thaicom and AWS to build cloud-based satellite TV broadcast platform
Mar 31, 2022 – Thaicom (SET: THCOM) has signed an agreement with AWS that includes the building of a cloud-based satellite TV broadcast distribution platform for the Asia Pacific region based on AWS Elemental media services.
News categories: Thaicom, Amazon Web Services, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Clint Crosier, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
Telefónica to bring TV-commerce to Movistar Plus+ with Amazon
Feb 25, 2022 – Telefónica is to launch a TV-Commerce App on Movistar Plus+ to browse a wide selection of items (over 20,000 home products) available on Amazon.es through the Living App 'Selección Hogar de Movistar'.
News categories: Telefónica, AWS, Jose Cerdán, Adolfo Hernandez, Apps, Digital TV, MWC22, Smart Home, Spain
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Astro selects Kaltura to power its standalone streaming service offering
Dec 21, 2021 – Kaltura (NASDAQ:KLTR) has announced that Astro has chosen the Kaltura TV Platform to power sooka, its new streaming service targeted at millennials. sooka went live in June across Malaysia and is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: Kaltura, Astro, AWS, Nuno Sanches, Euan Smith, Sameer Vuyyuru, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Watch Brazil expands streaming TV service reach with Kaltura
Dec 17, 2021 – Kaltura has announced that Watch Brazil has launched its streaming TV service, Watch, powered by Kaltura and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Watch went live in Spring 2021 with 90 linear channels delivered by Kaltura on AWS.
News categories: Kaltura, Watch Brazil, Amazon Web Services, Nuno Sanches, Maurício Almeida, Anil Hinduja, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
Dec 1, 2021 – AWS (NASDAQ: AMZN) is powering the vast majority of Discovery’s infrastructure needs to deliver its discovery+ on-demand streaming video service, its digital services, and more than 450 linear TV channels to viewers around the world.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Discovery, Inc, Kathrin Renz, Avi Saxena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ExpressPlay DRM integrated with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 8, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that it has completed validation testing and supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in ExpressPlay multi-DRM cloud service.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Ali Hodjat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
castLabs integrates with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 9, 2021 – castLabs has announced that it supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in its leading digital rights management (DRM) licensing solution – DRMtoday.
News categories: castLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools