Digital TV News: Andre Christensen
Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE partner on video quality optimization
Jan 11, 2021 – Firstlight Media and SSIMWAVE have teamed up to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to implement SSIMWAVE's video quality system in conjunction with Firstlight Media's modular streaming platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE, Andre Christensen, Dr. Abdul Rehman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Firstlight Media OTT platform to power new streaming venture Struum
Jan 7, 2021 – Firstlight Media has announced that they are collaborating with new OTT service, Struum, to deploy their cloud-native streaming platform, using Firstlight's Gen 5 architecture.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Struum, Azure, Lauren DeVillier, Hanno Basse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics partner on OTT personalization
Sep 8, 2020 – Firstlight Media and ThinkAnalytics are partnering to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to deploy cloud-native personalization capabilities that drive long-term subscriber value.
News categories: Firstlight Media, ThinkAnalytics, Andre Christensen, Juan Martin, Gabriel Berger, Big Data, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Highview Capital and Firstlight to acquire Quickplay from AT&T
Mar 3, 2020 – Highview Capital has announced that it has partnered with Firstlight Media to acquire Quickplay from AT&T (NYSE: T). Firstlight will merge with Quickplay, a provider of managed solutions for distributing video content to IP-connected devices.
News categories: Firstlight, Highview Capital, André Christensen, Ryan McCarthy, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand