Digital TV News: Angel Ruiz
MediaKind offers Aquila Streaming as-a-service on Google Cloud
Apr 16, 2020 – MediaKind has extended its deal with Google Cloud to enable its Aquila Streaming to be offered as-a-service on the Google Cloud platform. Aquila Streaming is an OTT headend that enables content to be received, transcoded, packaged, encrypted and delivered.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
MediaKind personalizes the user experience with Google Cloud
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that it has partnered with Google Cloud to enable MediaKind’s entire portfolio of solutions to operate on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). MediaKind customers can now use Google Cloud to deliver a heightened level of personalized user experience.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
Mar 18, 2019 – At NAB Show 2019, MediaKind will show its Universe portfolio. MediaKind Universe enables content owners and originators, broadcasters and pay TV operators to deliver experiences that meet a variety of consumer demands and drive experience innovation.
News categories: MediaKind, Angel Ruiz, Advertising, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Dish TV India deploys MediaKind video processing platform
Dec 20, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that DishTV India will deploy the MediaKind AVP 4000 video processing platform to deliver enhanced, next-generation immersive experiences to over 23.5 million subscribers.
News categories: MediaKind, DishTV India, Anil Dua, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
Dec 10, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that it has pushed the boundaries of immersive consumer experience of live sport by streaming the world’s first multi-channel 6K 360-degree live sports event in collaboration with Deutsche Telekom, Magnum Film, Tiledmedia, INVR.SPACE and Iconic Engine.
News categories: MediaKind, Deutsche Telekom, Angel Ruiz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Metaverse, Mobile, Streaming
Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic select MediaKind for IPTV
Nov 21, 2018 – MediaKind has been selected by Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic, members of the Deutsche Telekom group, to power the delivery of market-leading IPTV services to consumers in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
News categories: MediaKind, Slovak Telekom, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Angel Ruiz, Andrej Pinak, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Slovakia
Ericsson selected by Telefónica for TV services across Latin America
Apr 10, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by Telefónica to power a range of TV services across Latin America. Ericsson will deploy its Video Storage and Processing Platform to enable Telefónica to launch seven-day catch up and time shift services.
News categories: Ericsson, Telefónica, Angel Ruiz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America
Bell Canada selects Ericsson's MediaFirst TV platform
Jan 18, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by Bell Canada to power its next generation multiscreen TV services. Ericsson's MediaFirst TV Platform solution will enable Bell to offer an enhanced, personalized and converged multiscreen TV experience.
News categories: Ericsson, Bell Canada, Angel Ruiz, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile
Ericsson MediaFirst TV platform selected by TELUS
Dec 20, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by TELUS to power its next-generation TV service. The Ericsson MediaFirst TV Platform is an end-to-end media platform for the creation, management, and delivery of next-generation Pay TV.
News categories: Ericsson, TELUS, Angel Ruiz, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024