Digital TV News: Apple TV
SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
Mar 2, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Crackle Plus to serve as a primary supply-side platform (SSP) to power the video monetization of Crackle Plus inventory across both existing and new distribution channels.
News categories: SpotX, Crackle, Mike Laband, Darren Olive, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
rlaxx TV now available on Apple TV and Panasonic, Grundig Smart TVs
Feb 17, 2021 – rlaxx TV is now available on Apple TV, and smart TVs by Panasonic and Grundig in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The new availability adds around 8.5 million to the existing installed base.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland, UK
MENA SVOD subscriptions to grow by 18 million
Feb 9, 2021 – The 20 countries in the Middle East and North Africa region will have 32.65 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from the 14.16 million recorded at the end of 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Subscribers
Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Juniper Research, competition in the OTT streaming market is motivating providers to seek alternative revenue channels with the market seeing greater experimentation with hybrid monetisation models.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Kantar's Entertainment on Demand service, Q4 saw 1.3 million British households take out a new video streaming subscription, with Amazon Prime Video capturing almost half of these.
News categories: Kantar, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, UK
RiksTV launches Smart TV Apps with Norigin Media
Jan 12, 2021 – RiksTV has now launched on a range of Samsung Tizen Smart TV models. The apps, branded RiksTV and Strim, were developed by Norigin Media, using its React-based TV App Framework.
News categories: Norigin Media, RiksTV, Ajey Anand, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV
OTT revenues in Africa to grow to $1.7bn by 2026
Jan 11, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT movie and TV episode revenues in Africa will reach $1,725 million by 2026 – up from $392 million in 2020, with SVOD being the main revenue driver by a long way.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
discovery+ launches in MENA with STARZPLAY
Jan 6, 2021 – Discovery has announced a partnership with STARZPLAY to launch discovery+ across MENA. STARZPLAY subscribers can now watch discovery+ in a dedicated branded area on all STARZPLAY platforms.
News categories: STARZPLAY, Discovery, Inc, Maaz Sheikh, Kasia Kieli, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E