Digital TV News: Arabsat
HDTV progressing well in the Arab World
Apr 6, 2015 – According to a new report from Arab Advisors Group, by March 2015, the satellites covering the Arab World carried 195 HD channels up from 134 HD channels by February 2014.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Noor Asmar, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
724 FTA satellite channels target the Arab region
Nov 27, 2014 – The number of operational FTA satellite channels in the Arab World reached 724 in September 2014. The majority of the channels are broadcast in Standard Definition (SD), while 10.5% are in High Definition (HD), according to Arab Advisors.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Dalia Haddad, Hind Qweider, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat and Selevision to launch HbbTV
Sep 12, 2014 – Selevision and Arabsat have announced that they have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver the first Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service in the Middle East &North Africa region.
News categories: Arabsat, Selevision, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Khalid Balkhyour, Digital TV, HbbTV, Jordan, Satellite, Spain, Streaming, UAE
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
My-HD secures premium channels with Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 15, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that My-HD, a satellite pay TV platform in the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA), has selected its Media Protection to secure the launch of over 30 premium HD channels via Arabsat to the region.
News categories: Irdeto, My-HD, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Iraqi Media Network launches satellite broadcast service
Jul 15, 2013 – Arabsat has announced the launch of a satellite TV service by the Iraqi Media Network based in Baghdad. The DTH bouquet is broadcast via an Arabsat satellite at 26°E and includes all of the radio and TV programmes currently available in Iraq.
News categories: Arabsat, Iraqi Media Network, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iraq, Satellite
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
Solid growth for satellite operators, Euroconsult maintains positive outlook
Jul 27, 2010 – Euroconsult has announced that, despite a limited market slowdown, the fixed satellite market reached a new high in revenues last year. The fixed satellite sector grew both in terms of transponder demand and revenue (reaching $10.3 billion in 2009).
News categories: Euroconsult, Market Research, Satellite
CANAL+ receives authorisation for Tunisian satellite service
Jun 25, 2010 – CANAL OVERSEAS has announced the signing of a convention with the Tunisian Ministry of Communication, enabling the commercialisation in Tunisia of the CANAL+ PACKAGE, the first range of French channels by satellite in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Tunisia
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion