Digital TV News: Arthur van Rest
TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
Jun 17, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) and Roku have announced that they will be launching TCL Roku TV models in the UK. TCL Roku TV models will be available in both HD and 4K UHD resolution, in sizes ranging from 32” to 65”.
News categories: Roku, TCL Electronics, Arthur van Rest, Bernie Chen, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, UX
Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
Jan 14, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Philco have announced a partnership that will bring the Philco Roku TV models to consumers in Brazil. The new Philco Roku TV models run the latest Roku operating system.
News categories: Roku, Philco, Arthur van Rest, Cristiane Clausen, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
Apr 8, 2020 – Bell Media has announced that Crave is available on all Roku streaming devices in Canada. Roku users now have access to programming from HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Hollywood-hit movies, as well as French-language TV and films from SUPER ÉCRAN.
News categories: Bell Media, Roku, Tracey Pearce, Arthur van Rest, Apps, Canada, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Walmart and Roku launch Smart TV lineup in Mexico
Dec 23, 2019 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) have announced the launch of an Atvio Roku TV lineup of smart TVs, exclusively available in Walmart stores in Mexico. Models will include a 32" HD screen, and a 50" and 55" UHD screen.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Arthur van Rest, Jesús Enrique Guzman Güereca, Digital TV, Licensing, Mexico, Middleware, Smart TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing