Digital TV News: Atlantic Broadband
Cogeco rejects takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers
Sep 3, 2020 – Cogeco (TSX: CGO) and Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) have announced that the independent members of their boards have rejected the unsolicited, non-binding takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers Communications.
News categories: Cogeco, Altice USA, Rogers, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 1.57 million in 2Q 2020
Aug 12, 2020 – Leichtman Research (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,570,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 2,065,000 in 1Q 2020, and 1,330,000 subscribers in 2Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost about 2,065,000 subscribers in 1Q 2020
May 14, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 2,065,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,025,000 subscribers in 1Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. cable and telco broadband subscribers up 1,165,000 in 1Q 2020
May 13, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest cable and telephone providers in the U.S. acquired about 1,165,000 net additional broadband subscribers in 1Q 2020, compared to a gain of about 955,000 in 1Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, COVID-19, Market Research, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost nearly 5 million subscribers in 2019
Mar 3, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 4,915,000 net video subscribers in 2019, compared to a pro forma loss of about 1,585,000 subscribers in 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research Group, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Atlantic Broadband acquires Thames Valley Communications
Jan 10, 2020 – Atlantic Broadband has signed an agreement to purchase Thames Valley Communications, a broadband services company operating in Southeastern Connecticut. Upon closing, Atlantic Broadband will add approximately 10,000 customers to its operations.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Thames Valley Communications, Frank van der Post, Bill Pearson, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet