Digital TV News: BSkyB
Revenues at top 10 pay TV operators to drop $20 billion
Apr 23, 2018 – Despite adding 84 million subscribers between 2017 and 2023, subscription and PPV revenues for the world’s top 517 pay TV operators will fall by $18 billion to $183 billion, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Pay TV market to reach $254.77bn by 2025
Aug 16, 2017 – The global pay TV market is expected to reach USD 254.77 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research. The development of new platforms coupled with wider content options has driven the market growth.
News categories: Grand View Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Top 50 operators take three-quarters of global pay TV revenues
May 22, 2017 – Despite adding 120 million subs between 2016 and 2022, subscription and PPV revenues for 522 operators will remain flat at around $185 billion. From this total, Digital TV Research estimates 30 pay TV operators earned more than $1 billion in 2016.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Sky's OTT service, NOW TV, launches in Ireland
Apr 26, 2017 – NOW TV, the online streaming service offering millions the opportunity to stream unmissable shows, the biggest blockbuster movies and exclusive live sport, all without a contract, is now available in Ireland.
News categories: Sky, NOW TV, Ann-Marie MacKay, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sky deploys Nokia CDN in the UK
Feb 1, 2017 – Nokia has announced that its Velocix Content Delivery Network (CDN) has been deployed by Sky. The alliance enhances Sky's high-speed video and data services for the company's millions of UK customers.
News categories: Nokia, BSkyB, Paul Larbey, Mohamed Hammady, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Sky Q service to be available OTT in 2018
Jan 26, 2017 – Sky has announced plans to launch Sky TV without the need for a satellite dish. Delivered through a box over broadband, the service is expected to launch in the UK in 2018. Sky is also launching a new My Sky app.
News categories: BSkyB, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Sky Q adds Split Screen viewing of two live streams side-by-side
Oct 5, 2016 – Sky Q has introduced new features making it easier for customers to catch up on their favourite sports and enjoy even more of the action. Sky Q customers can now choose Split Screen viewing to watch two live streams side-by-side.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
BT doubles UK pay TV market share
Jul 14, 2016 – Research from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech has revealed strong gains for the major players in UK pay TV amid further turmoil for TalkTalk. BT, Sky and Virgin Media have all seen year-on-year customer growth, with BT’s share up by 7.8 percentage points on last year.
News categories: Kantar Worldpanel, Fiona Keenan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, UK
Ultra HD launches on Sky Q
Jul 14, 2016 – Sky has announces the launch of the UK’s most comprehensive Ultra HD service on Sky Q Silver, available to customers from 13 August. Offering an unrivalled line up, viewers will be brought to the heart of the action in enhanced Ultra HD picture quality.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22