Digital TV News: BT plc
BT and Nokia research 5G for future VR applications
Feb 27, 2017 – BT and Nokia have partnered on VR research. The research will examine how 5G can be used to maximise the experience of customers watching fully-immersive live sport or entertainment in future high-definition VR.
News categories: BT plc, Nokia, Howard Watson, Harold Graham, 5G, Digital TV, Metaverse, MWC22, Worldwide
Accenture Video Solution selected as OTT platform by BT TV
Sep 7, 2016 – BT TV has selected the Accenture Video Solution (AVS) platform to support its BT TV offerings. The Accenture platform supports both live streaming and VOD, delivering a high-quality user experience across multiple devices.
News categories: Accenture, BT plc, Sef Tuma, Greg McCall, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, UK
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
thePlatform selected by BT as Central Video Logistics System for TV
Mar 14, 2013 – thePlatform has disclosed that its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, is serving as the central logistics system for BT's newest IP-based TV services in the UK, including BT Vision and YouView from BT.
News categories: thePlatform, BT plc, Content Distribution, IPTV, Streaming, UK
Demand for Digital Entertainment and Growing Internet Users to Drive Global Market for Internet TV
May 3, 2012 – According to GIA, the market for Internet TV is forecast to reach US$81.2 billion by the year 2017, driven by soaring demand for digital media entertainment, growing penetration of high-bandwidth broadband, and rapid proliferation of Internet-enabled devices.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Streaming
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion