Digital TV News: BT plc
BT and Nokia research 5G for future VR applications
Feb 27, 2017 – BT and Nokia have partnered on VR research. The research will examine how 5G can be used to maximise the experience of customers watching fully-immersive live sport or entertainment in future high-definition VR.
News categories: BT plc, Nokia, Howard Watson, Harold Graham, 5G, Digital TV, MWC20, VR, Worldwide
Accenture Video Solution selected as OTT platform by BT TV
Sep 7, 2016 – BT TV has selected the Accenture Video Solution (AVS) platform to support its BT TV offerings. The Accenture platform supports both live streaming and VOD, delivering a high-quality user experience across multiple devices.
News categories: Accenture, BT plc, Sef Tuma, Greg McCall, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
thePlatform selected by BT as Central Video Logistics System for TV
Mar 14, 2013 – thePlatform has disclosed that its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, is serving as the central logistics system for BT's newest IP-based TV services in the UK, including BT Vision and YouView from BT.
News categories: thePlatform, BT plc, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, UK
Demand for Digital Entertainment and Growing Internet Users to Drive Global Market for Internet TV
May 3, 2012 – According to GIA, the market for Internet TV is forecast to reach US$81.2 billion by the year 2017, driven by soaring demand for digital media entertainment, growing penetration of high-bandwidth broadband, and rapid proliferation of Internet-enabled devices.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, OTT
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform