Digital TV News: Brian Baker
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi selected as System Integrator for Google Widevine CAS
Jun 4, 2019 – Tata Elxsi, a Certified Widevine Implementation Partner (CWIP), has announced that its product offering now includes Google Widevine CAS in the cloud and on premises. Services also include Widevine CAS integration and validation for Android TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
BBC deploys BuyDRM to secure premium digital content
Apr 5, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the UK’s BBC has deployed the KeyOS MultiKey DRM Service as part of their BBC iPlayer App. The offering powers the BBC iPlayer app that allows users to download or view offline content on MacOS and Windows clients.
News categories: BuyDRM, Widevine, BBC, Christopher Levy, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
BuyDRM announces Encryption in The Cloud as a Service
Aug 23, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced the release of its KeyOS CloudPack Encryption as a Service (EaaS) platform. The CloudPack service enables content owners, licensees, and distributors to use BuyDRM’s KeyOS Multi-DRM platform in their cloud of choice including Amazon Web Services, Google Media Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
News categories: BuyDRM, Christopher Levy, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Widevine To Be Acquired by Google
Dec 3, 2010 – Widevine has announced that it has agreed to be acquired by Google (NASDAQ:GOOG).
News categories: Google Inc, Widevine, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, OTT
DIVA AG Selects Widevine to Expand Service to New Platforms
Nov 16, 2010 – Widevine has announced that DIVA AG will utilize Widevine's video optimization and DRM platform to enable the delivery of DIVA AG's content to mobile devices including Android phones, iPhones, iPads, and specific connected TV sets.
News categories: Widevine, DIVA AG, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Panasonic Chooses Widevine to Deliver Secure, High-Quality Customer Experiences on Its Devices
Nov 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Panasonic (NYSE: PC) has selected Widevine as its preferred provider of video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) solutions on Panasonic Viera® Connected TVs, Blu-ray Players, and more.
News categories: Widevine, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Widevine to Provide Adaptive Streaming and DRM for LG Electronics
Oct 13, 2010 – Widevine has announced that it has signed a global agreement with LG (KSE: 066570) to distribute Widevine's live and on-demand adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) on LG connected products.
News categories: Widevine, LG Electronics, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV