Digital TV News: Brian Roberts
Comcast cable video subscribers down 29,000 in 4Q 2018
Jan 23, 2019 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2018. In the quarter, total cable video customer net losses were 29,000. At Sky, customer relationships increased by 164,000.
News categories: Comcast, Sky, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Comcast video subscribers down 48,000 in 3Q 2015
Oct 27, 2015 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2015. Video net losses improved 40.6% year-over-year to 48,000 and were the best result for a third quarter in nine years.
News categories: Comcast, Brian Roberts, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Comcast launches industry’s first voice-guided TV interface
Nov 12, 2014 – Comcast has announced the industry’s first voice-enabled television user interface, a solution that will revolutionize the way its Xfinity TV customers, especially those who are blind or visually impaired, navigate the X1 platform.
News categories: Comcast, American Council of the Blind, Brian Roberts, Tom Wlodkowski, Eric Bridges, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs® Announces New Tru2way™ Retail Host Device License Agreement
May 5, 2008 – CableLabs® and Samsung have announced their agreement on a new tru2way™ license that provides consumer electronics device manufacturers a streamlined license for their retail products to interface to 2-way interactive cable networks.
News categories: CableLabs, Samsung Electronics, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Zentek Launches a tru2way-Based Solution
Apr 17, 2008 – Zentek Technology has announced the availability of its tru2way-based solution for receiver set manufacturers.
News categories: Zentek, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Content and the Latest Technologies Connect at the 2008 International CES
Oct 4, 2007 – New content developments from major players in the entertainment industry will connect with the latest distribution platforms at the 2008 International CES®, making CES the global hub for all that's new in digital entertainment.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, International CES, CES2021
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand