Digital TV News: BritBox
Three million subscribers globally for BritBox
Feb 22, 2023 – BritBox has reached a milestone of three million subscribers across the international markets in which its streaming service is available – the U.S., Canada, Australia, South Africa, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
News categories: BritBox, Reemah Sakaan, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
Accedo supports launch of ITVX in the UK
Dec 16, 2022 – Accedo has worked on the ITVX video service for a number of platforms, including Youview, Freeview, Android TV, Freesat, Roku, Samsung Tizen, Samsung Orsay, and Xbox, as well as for the ITVX website.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Steve Forde, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
TCL Roku TV models coming to Australia
Nov 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that TCL Roku TV models will be coming to Australia. Starting in early November, Australian consumers can purchase 4K UHD TCL Roku TV models in 55" or 65" screen sizes.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS
Virgin Media O2 launches broadband streaming box
Apr 26, 2022 – Virgin Media O2 has unveiled Stream from Virgin Media, a way for its customers to bring together their favourite TV channels, video apps and streaming subscriptions all in one place via a small box powered entirely by the company's broadband.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
ITV to introduce ITVX streaming service later this year
Mar 3, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch of ITVX - the UK’s first integrated AVOD/SVOD platform. In a change to its traditional approach, ITV will adopt a digital first windowing strategy - premiering content on ITVX and then later on ITV linear channels.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Kevin Lygo, Rufus Radcliffe, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Deltatre adds new sport-related functionality to its UX suite
Oct 5, 2021 – Deltatre has announced the development of a new suite of sport-focussed features and functionality within its UX management tool, AXIS, to support leagues, teams and federations.
News categories: Deltatre, Gilles Mas, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
500,000 UK subscribers for Britbox
Mar 9, 2021 – BritBox UK has announced that it has hit its target of half a million subscriptions. The SVOD service, created by the BBC and ITV with content also from Channel 4 and Channel 5, launched at the end of 2019.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Kantar's Entertainment on Demand service, Q4 saw 1.3 million British households take out a new video streaming subscription, with Amazon Prime Video capturing almost half of these.
News categories: Kantar, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126