Digital TV News: Cable-Tec Expo
Columbus Communications Launches Digital IP Video Technology Platform with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware
Oct 17, 2012 – Columbus Communications has announced that, in partnership with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware, they are offering a Pre-Integrated Hybrid IP Video Platform in 25 countries in the greater Caribbean, Central America and Andean region.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Columbus Communications, Conax, Cubiware, CableTecExpo, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Pace Sign License Agreement for Comcast Reference Development Kit (RDK)
Oct 17, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Development Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK). The RDK is pre-integrated software that creates a common framework for powering tru2way®, IP or hybrid STBs and video gateways.
News categories: Pace plc, Comcast, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Digital TV, Gateway, Licensing, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Entone Magi™ Takes CATV Over-The-Top
Oct 15, 2012 – Entone is unveiling its Magi™ Hybrid CATV Media Gateway at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Magi enables cable operators to deliver a Hybrid TV service that combines live TV, DVR and cloud-based (OTT) services over analog, digital or hybrid cable systems.
News categories: Entone, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, DVR, Gateway
Massillon Cable Selects Motorola Medios SecureMedia® for Multi-Device Content Delivery
Oct 11, 2012 – Independent cable innovator, Massillon Cable, based in Ohio, USA, has selected Medios SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ from Motorola Mobility to securely deliver its premium content across devices such as smartphones and tablets.
News categories: SecureMedia, Massillon Cable, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Envivio to Showcase Enhanced MPEG-2 Video Processing and TV Anytime, on Any Device at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo
Oct 11, 2012 – At SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) will showcase its software-based solutions for traditional TV and TV Everywhere, as well as capabilities that enhance multi-screen services by bringing time-shifted TV Anytime to mobile devices
News categories: Envivio, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Content Distribution
Motive Television Introduces TV Anytime Anywhere™ VOD Platform for US Cable
Oct 9, 2012 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced the launch of its TV Anytime Anywhere™ platform for cable in the U.S. The platform delivers on-demand video and live TV to STBs and mobile devices without the need for costly CDN infrastructure.
News categories: Motive Television, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
SeaChange Presents Its MultiScreen Cloud-Based Video Software Platform at Cable-Tec Expo
Oct 1, 2012 – SeaChange International (Nasdaq: SEAC) will present its intelligent video software platform for monetizing video services on TVs, tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo (Orlando, Oct. 17-19, booth 2427).
News categories: SeaChange, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Content Distribution, Middleware, TV Everywhere
SCTE creates working group to promote cable equipment recycling
Sep 20, 2012 – The SCTE has announced steps to advance recycling efforts within the cable industry with the creation of a new working group and formal efforts to develop Recommended Cable Electronic Equipment Recycling Practices for Cable Operators.
News categories: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
Shaw Selects Motorola's DreamGallery For Next-Gen User Experience
Nov 15, 2011 – Finding shows, movies and sports on a customer's TV will be easier and faster than the Internet, thanks to the new guide experience being developed by Shaw Communications (TSX:SJR.B; NYSE:SJR) and Motorola (NYSE: MMI) DreamGallery software.
News categories: Motorola, Shaw Communications, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server