Digital TV News: Celrun
Sigma Designs Announces New 3D Graphics-Enabled Media Processor and Celrun Set-Top Box Design Win
Jun 1, 2010 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its SMP8656 media processor SoC targeted at higher performance IPTV set-top boxes and Digital Media Players. Celrun (Seoul: 013240) is launching a new line of advanced STBs based on the SMP8656.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Celrun, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2010 Results
Mar 3, 2010 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ:SIGM) has reported results and highlights for the quarter ended January 30, 2010. Net revenue for the fourth quarter was $68.1 million, an increase of 44% from $47.3 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs and Western Mediabridge to Demo Android™ Set-Top Box at CES
Jan 5, 2010 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and Western Mediabridge (a Celrun company) have announced that they will be demonstrating the world's first commercially available Android™ set-top box (STB) along with several additional advanced STB solutions at CES.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Western MediaBridge, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
IPTV and cable video equipment up 15% in 2Q09
Sep 17, 2009 – Market research firm Infonetics Research released its second quarter (2Q09) IPTV, Cable, and Satellite Video Equipment, Services, and Subscribers report.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Video on-demand server revenue tripling by 2013
Jul 8, 2009 – According to Infonetics Research, the number of IPTV subscribers doubled in 2008 to 26 million worldwide, and is expected to surge to 155 million by 2013. IP set-top box vendor revenue is forecast to grow at 14% annually between 2008 and 2013.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Red Hot IPTV Set Top Market is Cooling
Jun 2, 2009 – The IP set top box market grew 55 percent in 2008, but such breakneck growth will not continue, reports In-Stat. Many telcos have already launched TV services, so there are fewer new prospects. The economic climate is also sapping investment.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2010 Results
May 27, 2009 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its first quarter ended May 2, 2009. Net revenue for the first quarter was $51.2 million from $47.3 million in the previous quarter, down from $56.9 million for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Media Processors Power Celrun IPTV Set-Top Boxes Across Korea
Apr 15, 2009 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that Sigma's highly integrated SMP8654 media processors will be used to power Celrun's TD-1100 set-top box (STB) which has been selected by telecom provider LG Dacom to be deployed throughout Korea.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Celrun, LG Dacom, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HD arms race boosts IPTV equipment spending
Mar 18, 2009 – Infonetics Research has recently released the Q4 edition of its IPTV and Switched Digital Video report. The number of IPTV subscribers more than doubled in 2008 to 25.4 million worldwide, and is expected to grow to about 45 million in 2009.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data