Digital TV News: Daniel Huang
Dish TV India launches hybrid STB with HANDAN and ALi
Jan 30, 2019 – ALi Corporation, Dish TV India and HANDAN have announced that they have further extended their partnership by launching the latest hybrid solution, 'Dish Box', to enrich TV the experience for subscribers in India.
News categories: ALi Corp, Dish TV India, HANDAN, Daniel Huang, V.K. Gupta, Y. Lee, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ALi to showcase F8 STB SoC family at Convergence India 2019
Jan 25, 2019 – ALi Corporation has initiated further efforts to penetrate the Indian market with its next-generation F8 series set-top box chipset (M3711C). The SoC is due for wide deployment in 2019.
News categories: ALi Corp, Daniel Huang, Digital TV, ICs, India, Set Top Box
Inside Secure provides Secure Provisioning for ALi STB SoCs
Feb 26, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that they have entered into an agreement with ALi Corporation to use Inside Secure’s Secure Provisioning Solution to build robust security into its products during the chip manufacturing process.
News categories: Inside Secure, ALi Corp, Inside Secure, Daniel Huang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ALi to incorporate Advanced HDR from Technicolor in STB chipsets
Jan 8, 2018 – ALi Corp has announced that its upcoming generation of chipsets will feature Advanced HDR from Technicolor. Advanced HDR combines HDR with Technicolor Intelligent Tone Management (ITM), an SDR to HDR conversion tool.
News categories: ALi Corp, Technicolor, Daniel Huang, Kirk Barker, Frederic Guillanneuf, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Skardin, ALi, and Voxtok collaborate to merge TV and music
Sep 13, 2017 – Voxtok has announced that Skardin has joined the Voxtok.music platform ecosystem by adopting a Voxtok innovation called Smart Sound Bar, a connected audio device that merges TV and Music. Skardin’s product is also the first in its line-up to be powered by ALi STB chipsets.
News categories: Voxtok, Skardin, ALi Corp, Joel Reboul, Alessandro Bassi, Daniel Huang, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi integrates SoCs with next generation Conax Cardless clients
Sep 7, 2016 – ALi has announced that it has extended its partnership with Conax. As the first chipset provider receiving Conax CP 6.0 certification for cardless, ALi has integrated its HEVC series SoC with the Conax cardless security client.
News categories: ALi Corp, Conax, Daniel Huang, Morten Solbakken, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi Corp STB SoCs get a boost with MIPS CPUs
Jun 22, 2016 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that ALi Corporation is shipping a MIPS-based, H.265-capable System-on-Chip (SoC) for hybrid cable, satellite, terrestrial and IP STBs.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, ALi Corp, Jim Nicholas, Daniel Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ALi to provide Irdeto-certified STB chipsets
May 26, 2016 – ALi Corporation has announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with Irdeto, achieving certification to integrate Irdeto's security solutions on its latest generation chipset offerings.
News categories: ALi Corp, Irdeto, Daniel Huang, Steeve Huin, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi STB chipsets integrate Civolution’s NexGuard forensic watermarking
Jan 7, 2016 – NexGuard has announced the integration of NexGuard forensic watermarking in the lineup of ALi set-top box chipsets. The collaboration provides compliance with MovieLabs security specifications and enables protection of content with forensic watermarking in addition to CAS and DRM systems.
News categories: ALi Corp, NexGuard, Daniel Huang, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, CES2022, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device