Digital TV News: David Price
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2020, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEGIF Kicks off 3DTV Working Group at CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – The MPEG Industry Forum (MPEGIF) has announced the date for the first inaugural meeting of its recently launched 3DTV Working Group. This meeting will be held during CES 2010 on Saturday, January 9 at the MGM Conference Center.
News categories: MPEGIF, CES2020, VR
Harmonic to Demonstrate New Solutions for Multi-Screen Video at IBC 2009
Aug 28, 2009 – At IBC 2009, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase its comprehensive solution portfolio for video delivery to a variety of devices, including the TV, PC, iPhone, and other mobile devices.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBC2019
Cinea, Harmonic, and NDS Developing Integrated Solution for VOD Markets
Sep 12, 2008 – Cinea (NYSE: DLB), Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) and NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) have announced that they are developing an integrated VOD solution which harnesses Cinea's Running Marks™ watermarking, Harmonic's VOD, and NDS's VideoGuard® conditional access.
News categories: Cinea, Harmonic Inc, NDS Group, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking
Harmonic Demonstrates Leading Video Delivery Technologies at ANGA Cable 2008
May 22, 2008 – At ANGA Cable 2008, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) solutions on display will include compelling 1080p HD compression as part of a comprehensive digital headend, video-on-demand (VOD), ad insertion and fiber-deep HFC transmission equipment.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, ANGA COM, Content Distribution
Harmonic Showcases Innovative IPTV Solutions at TelcoTV 2007
Oct 22, 2007 – At TelcoTV 2007 booth #215, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will present a full range of versatile and innovative solutions for IP-based telco video delivery that enable a variety of advanced broadcast and on-demand services.
News categories: Harmonic, Content Distribution, IPTV
Over 20 MPEG Industry Members Exhibiting at IBC 2007
Aug 23, 2007 – The MPEG Industry Forum is pleased to announce that 23 member companies will be exhibiting at IBC 2007 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, between Friday, 7 September and Tuesday, 11 September 2007.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2019
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues