Digital TV News: Deepa Dhingra
Pay TV revenue in Japan to expand at a 2.2% CAGR
Jun 28, 2021 – Despite a decline in pay TV subscriptions, pay TV revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over the period 2020-2025, supported by increasing ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Japan, Subscribers
Multi-play service revenue to grow at 5.4% CAGR in India
Jun 25, 2021 – Multi-play service revenues in India are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2020 and 2025, supported by improving fixed infrastructure in the country, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
OTT competition to hinder traditional pay TV growth in Hong Kong
Mar 26, 2021 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a very sluggish CAGR of 0.7% between 2020 and 2025, primarily due to intense competition from pure play OTT video streaming service platforms such as Viu.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research
Falling IPTV subscriptions to affect pay TV revenues in Singapore
Dec 23, 2020 – Pay TV service revenues in Singapore will decline at a CAGR of 1.4% over 2020-2025 due to falling IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData. Pay TV household penetration is also expected to decline.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Singapore
Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
Sep 22, 2020 – Pay-TV services revenue in India is expected to grow at a lethargic CAGR of 0.7% from US$3.19bn in 2020 to US$3.30bn in 2025 due to growing user substitution to OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, COVID-19, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Subscribers
Pay TV revenue in Japan to grow at 1.9% CAGR over next five years
Jul 24, 2020 – Japan’s total pay-TV services revenue is set to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% during 2019-2024, increasing from $8.9bn in 2019 to $9.8bn in 2024, according to revised pay-TV forecasts from GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite
Malaysia pay TV revenues to register sluggish growth
Jul 15, 2020 – The total pay-TV services revenue in Malaysia is forecast to grow at a sluggish pace from $1.07bn in 2019 to $1.08bn in 2024, supported by a steady rise in the adoption of DTH and IPTV services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research
COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
Jul 10, 2020 – Pay-TV service revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 3.2% from $2.6bn in 2019 to $2.2bn in 2024 due to declining cable and DTH TV subscriptions and falling pay-TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Pay-TV revenues in S. Korea to grow at a CAGR of 0.7% over 2019-2024
Dec 30, 2019 – Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to decline at a CAGR of 0.3% between 2019 and 2024. Growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments’ revenues will fail to offset other declines according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope