Digital TV News: Elisabetta Romano
Ericsson and Inspur bring next-gen pay TV to China
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Inspur Software have forged a partnership to deliver TV services in China. Ericsson and Inspur will collaborate to develop a cloud-enabled TV platform using Ericsson's end-to-end MediaFirst solution suite.
News categories: Ericsson, Inspur Software, Shandong Cable Network, Elisabetta Romano, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Televisa selects Ericsson for HD delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it is implementing an end-to-end primary distribution system for Televisa. The system features Ericsson's AVP Encoder, Multiplexer and several receivers with integrated DVB-S2X de-modulator.
News categories: Ericsson, Televisa, Elisabetta Romano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, NABShow, Satellite
Sasktel selects Ericsson for next gen TV
Mar 29, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by SaskTel to power its next generation IPTV service. SaskTel will start to implement the Ericsson MediaFirst solution suite this year, with plans to commercially launch in early 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, SaskTel, Elisabetta Romano, Ron Styles, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Japan Digital Serve selects Ericsson OTT platform
Sep 8, 2016 – Japan Digital Serve (JDS) has chosen Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) MediaFirst as a next-generation TV platform. Cable TV operators using JDS can leverage the solution to deliver video services to their subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Japan Digital Serve, Elisabetta Romano, Hiroshi Kawamura, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, OTT
ABI Research names Ericsson video middleware market leader
Nov 11, 2015 – ABI Research has named Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) the leading global video middleware vendor in their recent competitive assessment covering Middleware, Conditional Access, and DRM.
News categories: Ericsson, ABI Research, Elisabetta Romano, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom deploys Ericsson Video Storage and Processing platform
Sep 9, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Swisscom has deployed its Video Storage and Processing Platform to power all of the time-shifted and cloud DVR features of its TV 2.0 offering. Live since April 2014, the highly successful service now has 564,000 subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Swisscom, Elisabetta Romano, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Content Distribution, IBC, IPTV, Switzerland
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT