Digital TV News: Elisabetta Romano
Ericsson and Inspur bring next-gen pay TV to China
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Inspur Software have forged a partnership to deliver TV services in China. Ericsson and Inspur will collaborate to develop a cloud-enabled TV platform using Ericsson's end-to-end MediaFirst solution suite.
News categories: Ericsson, Inspur Software, Shandong Cable Network, Elisabetta Romano, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Televisa selects Ericsson for HD delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it is implementing an end-to-end primary distribution system for Televisa. The system features Ericsson's AVP Encoder, Multiplexer and several receivers with integrated DVB-S2X de-modulator.
News categories: Ericsson, Televisa, Elisabetta Romano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, NABShow, Satellite
Sasktel selects Ericsson for next gen TV
Mar 29, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by SaskTel to power its next generation IPTV service. SaskTel will start to implement the Ericsson MediaFirst solution suite this year, with plans to commercially launch in early 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, SaskTel, Elisabetta Romano, Ron Styles, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Japan Digital Serve selects Ericsson OTT platform
Sep 8, 2016 – Japan Digital Serve (JDS) has chosen Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) MediaFirst as a next-generation TV platform. Cable TV operators using JDS can leverage the solution to deliver video services to their subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Japan Digital Serve, Elisabetta Romano, Hiroshi Kawamura, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, OTT
ABI Research names Ericsson video middleware market leader
Nov 11, 2015 – ABI Research has named Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) the leading global video middleware vendor in their recent competitive assessment covering Middleware, Conditional Access, and DRM.
News categories: Ericsson, ABI Research, Elisabetta Romano, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom deploys Ericsson Video Storage and Processing platform
Sep 9, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Swisscom has deployed its Video Storage and Processing Platform to power all of the time-shifted and cloud DVR features of its TV 2.0 offering. Live since April 2014, the highly successful service now has 564,000 subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Swisscom, Elisabetta Romano, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Content Distribution, IBC2019, IPTV, Switzerland
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019