Digital TV News: Elisabetta Romano
Ericsson and Inspur bring next-gen pay TV to China
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Inspur Software have forged a partnership to deliver TV services in China. Ericsson and Inspur will collaborate to develop a cloud-enabled TV platform using Ericsson's end-to-end MediaFirst solution suite.
News categories: Ericsson, Inspur Software, Shandong Cable Network, Elisabetta Romano, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Televisa selects Ericsson for HD delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it is implementing an end-to-end primary distribution system for Televisa. The system features Ericsson's AVP Encoder, Multiplexer and several receivers with integrated DVB-S2X de-modulator.
News categories: Ericsson, Televisa, Elisabetta Romano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, NABShow, Satellite
Sasktel selects Ericsson for next gen TV
Mar 29, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by SaskTel to power its next generation IPTV service. SaskTel will start to implement the Ericsson MediaFirst solution suite this year, with plans to commercially launch in early 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, SaskTel, Elisabetta Romano, Ron Styles, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Japan Digital Serve selects Ericsson OTT platform
Sep 8, 2016 – Japan Digital Serve (JDS) has chosen Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) MediaFirst as a next-generation TV platform. Cable TV operators using JDS can leverage the solution to deliver video services to their subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Japan Digital Serve, Elisabetta Romano, Hiroshi Kawamura, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, OTT
ABI Research names Ericsson video middleware market leader
Nov 11, 2015 – ABI Research has named Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) the leading global video middleware vendor in their recent competitive assessment covering Middleware, Conditional Access, and DRM.
News categories: Ericsson, ABI Research, Elisabetta Romano, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom deploys Ericsson Video Storage and Processing platform
Sep 9, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Swisscom has deployed its Video Storage and Processing Platform to power all of the time-shifted and cloud DVR features of its TV 2.0 offering. Live since April 2014, the highly successful service now has 564,000 subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Swisscom, Elisabetta Romano, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Switzerland
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service