Digital TV News: Elisabetta Romano
Ericsson and Inspur bring next-gen pay TV to China
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Inspur Software have forged a partnership to deliver TV services in China. Ericsson and Inspur will collaborate to develop a cloud-enabled TV platform using Ericsson's end-to-end MediaFirst solution suite.
News categories: Ericsson, Inspur Software, Shandong Cable Network, Elisabetta Romano, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Televisa selects Ericsson for HD delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it is implementing an end-to-end primary distribution system for Televisa. The system features Ericsson's AVP Encoder, Multiplexer and several receivers with integrated DVB-S2X de-modulator.
News categories: Ericsson, Televisa, Elisabetta Romano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, NABShow, Satellite
Sasktel selects Ericsson for next gen TV
Mar 29, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by SaskTel to power its next generation IPTV service. SaskTel will start to implement the Ericsson MediaFirst solution suite this year, with plans to commercially launch in early 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, SaskTel, Elisabetta Romano, Ron Styles, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Japan Digital Serve selects Ericsson OTT platform
Sep 8, 2016 – Japan Digital Serve (JDS) has chosen Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) MediaFirst as a next-generation TV platform. Cable TV operators using JDS can leverage the solution to deliver video services to their subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Japan Digital Serve, Elisabetta Romano, Hiroshi Kawamura, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Streaming
ABI Research names Ericsson video middleware market leader
Nov 11, 2015 – ABI Research has named Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) the leading global video middleware vendor in their recent competitive assessment covering Middleware, Conditional Access, and DRM.
News categories: Ericsson, ABI Research, Elisabetta Romano, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom deploys Ericsson Video Storage and Processing platform
Sep 9, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Swisscom has deployed its Video Storage and Processing Platform to power all of the time-shifted and cloud DVR features of its TV 2.0 offering. Live since April 2014, the highly successful service now has 564,000 subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Swisscom, Elisabetta Romano, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Content Distribution, IBC2022, IPTV, Switzerland
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December