Digital TV News: Elisabetta Romano
Ericsson and Inspur bring next-gen pay TV to China
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Inspur Software have forged a partnership to deliver TV services in China. Ericsson and Inspur will collaborate to develop a cloud-enabled TV platform using Ericsson's end-to-end MediaFirst solution suite.
News categories: Ericsson, Inspur Software, Shandong Cable Network, Elisabetta Romano, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Televisa selects Ericsson for HD delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it is implementing an end-to-end primary distribution system for Televisa. The system features Ericsson's AVP Encoder, Multiplexer and several receivers with integrated DVB-S2X de-modulator.
News categories: Ericsson, Televisa, Elisabetta Romano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, NABShow, Satellite
Sasktel selects Ericsson for next gen TV
Mar 29, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by SaskTel to power its next generation IPTV service. SaskTel will start to implement the Ericsson MediaFirst solution suite this year, with plans to commercially launch in early 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, SaskTel, Elisabetta Romano, Ron Styles, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Japan Digital Serve selects Ericsson OTT platform
Sep 8, 2016 – Japan Digital Serve (JDS) has chosen Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) MediaFirst as a next-generation TV platform. Cable TV operators using JDS can leverage the solution to deliver video services to their subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Japan Digital Serve, Elisabetta Romano, Hiroshi Kawamura, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Streaming
ABI Research names Ericsson video middleware market leader
Nov 11, 2015 – ABI Research has named Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) the leading global video middleware vendor in their recent competitive assessment covering Middleware, Conditional Access, and DRM.
News categories: Ericsson, ABI Research, Elisabetta Romano, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom deploys Ericsson Video Storage and Processing platform
Sep 9, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Swisscom has deployed its Video Storage and Processing Platform to power all of the time-shifted and cloud DVR features of its TV 2.0 offering. Live since April 2014, the highly successful service now has 564,000 subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Swisscom, Elisabetta Romano, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Content Distribution, IBC2022, IPTV, Switzerland
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th