Digital TV News: Elke Hungenaert
Synamedia brings AI to its Edge CDN solution
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has unveiled a set of AI traffic management features for its Edge CDN solution. The advanced capabilities simplify the process of onboarding new services, while delivering a fast return on investment (ROI).
News categories: Synamedia, Elke Hungenaert, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia delivers live 8K BT Sport using single AMD CPU for encoding
Apr 14, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that its VIVID Compression platform, powered by AMD EPYC™ 7763 processors, distributed BT Sport’s 8K-UHD broadcast of the Saracens vs. Bristol Bears Gallagher Premiership Rugby on March 26, 2022.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, BT Sport, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, UK
Synamedia participating in Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative
Dec 21, 2021 – Synamedia has announced its participation in the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative bringing ATSC 3.0 to Washington, D.C. The Collaborative was established by Pearl TV in coordination with Howard University.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Elke Hungenaer, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia offers 'zero compromise' 8K encoding using AMD EPYC processors
Sep 29, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that it has achieved 8K real-time encoding and streaming with ‘zero compromise’ on its VIVID Compression platform powered by AMD EPYC 7763 processors.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026