Digital TV News: Empower
TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
Mar 2, 2021 – OSN is to use TVbeat's TV SaaS Framework services, in a step that will strengthen OSN’s position as a data-driven network and enable it to better address shifting viewership behaviour and trends in the MENA region.
News categories: TVbeat, OSN, Abbas D. Tahzib, Devrim Melek, Big Data, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
Feb 25, 2021 – NBCUniversal has announced an advertising agreement with Charter Communications that will expand its U.S. household addressable footprint by nearly 40% to 45 million households, making it one of the largest.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Charter Communications, Krishan Bhatia, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
3SS set to double reach in 2021
Feb 25, 2021 – 3SS has said that it has eight Android TV projects in progress for operators giving it a deployment pipeline of at least 25 million homes by end-2021. This is more than double 2020's 10 million total.
News categories: 3SS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
Feb 23, 2021 – Amino has announced that Cablenet has begun to roll-out Amigo 7XC Android TV set-top boxes to its cable and fiber customers in Cyprus. Following extensive lab and field tests, the roll-out began in December 2020.
News categories: Amino, Cablenet, Donald McGarva, Charalambos Moyseos, Android TV, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TVSquared teams up with Experian to power TV analytics
Feb 18, 2021 – TVSquared has announced that it has teamed up with Experian to offer deterministic TV ad measurement. Experian's data will be integrated into TVSquared's advanced TV ad platform.
News categories: TVSquared, Experian, Bob Ivins, Genevieve Juillard, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Comscore and MediaMath target CTV and video in LATAM
Feb 18, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) and MediaMath have partnered to launch a connected TV (CTV), video, mobile and desktop contextual targeting solution for Latin America using MediaMath's demand-side platform.
News categories: Comscore, MediaMath, Alejandro Fosk, Guillermo Abud, Aldo Tabe, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Global Listings to provide EPG metadata to Cyta In Cyprus
Feb 4, 2021 – Global Listings has announced that it has won the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) contract to deliver metadata, images and translations for 100+ channels of the Cytavision subscription TV service in Cyprus.
News categories: Global Listings, Cyta, Thalia Droussioti, Petros Charalambous, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
Telestream & Skyline develop cloud-based OTT operations management solution
Feb 3, 2021 – Telestream has announced a collaboration with Skyline Communications to integrate Telestream’s cloud-based video monitoring with Skyline’s DataMiner network management, orchestration and operations support.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Telestream, Steven Soenens, Ken Haren, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Unruly launches self-service tools for CTV and OTT publishers
Jan 27, 2021 – Unruly has launched a self-service platform, UnrulyX CTRL, that enables publishers to set up programmatic deals across their CTV, video and banner inventory, giving advertisers around the world access to their audiences.
News categories: Unruly, Kenneth Suh, David Leviev, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online