Digital TV News: Eurofins
Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
Jul 1, 2022 – Eurofins Digital Testing (EDT) has announced the release of the NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite v2022-1.0 – the first major release for the new model year, applicable to ATSC 3.0 compliant receivers from July 1st 2022.
News categories: Eurofins, CTA, NAB, Bob Campbell, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
May 17, 2022 – iWedia has announced the launch of an ATSC 3.0 broadcast and broadband software stack, designed to give network operators more flexibility, greater reliability and more efficient operation. iWedia has also become a member of the ATSC committee.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Eurofins launches CI Plus 2.0 module testing tool and service
Apr 27, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has worked alongside CAM solution specialists to develop a module test tool designed to test USB Conditional Access Modules (CAM) devices for conformance against CI Plus 2.0 standards.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Xavier Teil, Bingyu Xiang, Erik Gazzoni, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
Apr 13, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced the development of updated test suites for the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) NEXTGEN TV Logo program, which will be applicable to 2022 model receivers.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
Apr 12, 2021 – ACCESS has licensed Ligada iSuite from Eurofins to ensure that its NetFront Browser BE provides a compliant platform for CE manufacturers offering Android and Linux based HbbTV Smart TVs and broadcaster OTT services.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Eurofins, Dr. Neale Foster, Dr. Bob Campbell, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, QoE, Smart TV, UK, Worldwide
Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
Jul 29, 2020 – Eurofins has launched updated testing services for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins is the exclusive test partner for v2.0, appointed by CI Plus LLP. CI Plus 2.0 Host Device Registration for licensees commenced on July 20th.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, Vlaho Kostov, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Eurofins to provide 'Alexa Built-in' testing
Mar 17, 2020 – Eurofins Digital Testing is to provide certified testing services to help developers and manufacturers earn Amazon’s 'Alexa-Built-in' badge. Eurofins will provide the device, acoustic and service testing required for certification and badging.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia