Digital TV News: Eutelsat
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
Nov 22, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the findings of an Egyptian television market survey, confirming its 7/8° West hotspot as the most powerful neighborhood for satellite television for the country.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ghassan Murat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Market Research, Satellite
iKO Media Group launches EPG creation solution
Nov 12, 2020 – iKO Media Group has announced the launch of an EPG creation solution, iKOMAX. iKOMAX allows TV channels to be in the frontline of EPG technology while reducing spending on both human capital and equipment.
News categories: iKO Media Group, Eutelsat, Mark Demichovski, Digital TV, Satellite, UX, Worldwide
Eutelsat launches Sat.tv EPG for free-to-air channels
Nov 2, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has successfully launched Sat.tv, its enhanced EPG for FTA channels. The service is already operating at 7/8°W, serving homes in the MENA region as well as being rolled-out to other Eutelsat video neighborhoods.
News categories: Eutelsat, Philippe Oliva, Michael Cairns, Serge Schick, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
Oct 15, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has been selected by Kabelio for the launch of a new Swiss direct to home HD platform. The contract enables Kabelio to leverage the reach of Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD video neighborhood.
News categories: Eutelsat, Kabelio, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Damir Krilcic, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
Sep 21, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that Azam TV has completed the migration of its video platform from EUTELSAT 7B to EUTELSAT 7C, with a multi-year extension of the existing contract and an incremental capacity commitment.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam, Patrice Paquot, Jacob Joseph, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Sky Italia renews capacity contract with Eutelsat
Sep 2, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Sky Italia have agreed a renewal of Sky's capacity contract at Eutelsat's HOTBIRD position. The multi-year contract represents a secured backlog of circa €450 million for Eutelsat.
News categories: Eutelsat, Sky Italia, Rodolphe Belmer, Maximo Ibarra, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
Aug 10, 2020 – 1Sat Telecomunicaçoes has launched BluTV, a DTH platform dedicated to the Brazilian market, on EUTELSAT 65 West A (Paris:ETL). BluTV’s basic offer will include over 100 channels, broadcast in a mix of SD and HD.
News categories: Eutelsat, BluTV, Philippe Oliva, Stephane Frappat, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
Jul 29, 2020 – Strong Roots Ethiopia Broadcasting Service has taken Ku-band capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B (Paris: ETL). Strong Roots plans to launch an FTA DTH platform covering Ethiopia as well as Ethiopian diaspora in zones within the satellite’s footprint, notably the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Philippe Oliva, Tsegaye Alemayehu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Middle-East, Satellite
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product