Digital TV News: Eutelsat
Eutelsat decommissions EUTELSAT 5 West A
Jan 19, 2023 – Initially designed for a 15-year lifetime, EUTELSAT 5 West A satellite has retired after 20+ years of operation. Transfer of services to EUTELSAT 5 West B and other Eutelsat satellites, was begun in January 2020.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, James Matthews, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, Satellite
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13G delivered to Kennedy Space Center
Oct 17, 2022 – A special aircraft has delivered Eutelsat's HOTBIRD 13G to Cape Canaveral in Florida. HOTBIRD 13G, a member of the 'Eurostar Neo' family of Airbus satellites, is the twin of the recently launched HOTBIRD 13F.
News categories: Airbus, Jean-Marc Nasr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13F successfully launched
Oct 15, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13F satellite has been successfully launched into geostationary transfer orbit by SpaceX using a Falcon 9 rocket that lifted off from Cape Canaveral on October 15th.
News categories: Eutelsat, SpaceX, Pascal Homsy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
Wiztivi develops HbbTV app for Fransat
Mar 10, 2022 – From design to maintenance, with front-end, backend and back office, Wiztivi has developed for Fransat an end-to-end solution for its new HbbTV app. Thanks to the Wiztivi Framework, the app is compliant with most TV set models from 2016 to 2022.
News categories: Wiztivi, Fransat, Thibault Demartial, Jean-Luc Deroudilhe, Apps, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Smart TV
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
Nov 22, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the findings of an Egyptian television market survey, confirming its 7/8° West hotspot as the most powerful neighborhood for satellite television for the country.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ghassan Murat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Market Research, Satellite
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December
- Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
- Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
- New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads