Digital TV News: FOX
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
8.6 million Australians now watching BVOD
Jan 28, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows 8.6 million Australians now watch BVOD services which include ABC iView, SBS On Demand, 7plus, 9Now and 10 Play. All five leading services have grown strongly during 2020.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Subscription TV viewers soared in Australia during 2020
Jan 12, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Australians consumed subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during 2020 with 17.3 million Australians (82.1%) watching a subscription TV service in an average four week period.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
OpenAP launches Supply-Side Platform for linear TV inventory
Jan 11, 2021 – OpenAP has launched a supply-side platform (SSP) that gives advertisers access to available linear inventory from TV publishers. The launch enables buying of advanced TV across premium viewing environments.
News categories: OpenAP, Omnicom, David Levy, Matthew Kramer, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV stations in Columbus, Ohio
Jan 7, 2021 – Four local TV stations in Columbus, Ohio, WSYX (ABC/FOX), WCMH-TV (NBC), WWHO (CW), and WTTE (TBD Network), have become the latest in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Seattle becomes latest large market to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 16, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Seattle, Washington, including KOMO-TV (ABC), KIRO-TV (CBS), KCPQ (FOX), KING-TV (NBC), KONG (Ind.), KZJO (MyNet), and KUNS-TV (Univision), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitPath, Dan York, Richard Friedel, Mark Aitken, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV providers testing NEXTGEN TV over cable TV infrastructure
Dec 15, 2020 – Broadcasters supporting the Phoenix Model Market project for NEXTGEN TV, along with Pearl TV, have begun testing of NEXTGEN TV over limited cable infrastructure, in cooperation with Comcast.
News categories: Pearl TV, Comcast, Anne Schelle, Jerry Parkins, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow