Digital TV News: FreeCast
FreeCast announces advertising partnership with OTTera
Aug 24, 2021 – FreeCast and OTTera have announced that, for the ad inventory managed by FreeCast, the company will begin using OTTera's AdNet+ network as one of its partners, connecting advertisers with targeted opportunities.
News categories: FreeCast, OTTera, Randy Krull, Stephen L. Hodge, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
Jun 15, 2021 – BuyDRM has announced that Freecaster is using its studio-approved KeyOS multi-DRM platform to secure premium live and VOD content for viewers in France and around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Freecaster, Christopher Levy, Raymond Duliu, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming, Worldwide
3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
Apr 13, 2021 – 3SS has announced that FreeCast has selected the 3READY Product Framework for the UX of its aggregated OTT multiscreen service, SelectTV. The deployment further expands 3SS’ growing footprint in the Americas.
News categories: 3SS, FreeCast, Kai-Christian Borchers, William Mobley, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
ROKiT handsets to offer video using FreeCast content aggregation
Mar 26, 2019 – FreeCast has announced a deal with mobile handset manufacturer ROKiT. ROKiT will provide its customers with access to ROK TV, a branded version of FreeCast’s SmartGuide, a library of over 500,000 television episodes, movies, streaming channels, live events, music videos, and more.
News categories: FreeCast, ROK Group, William Mobley, Michael Jones, Jonathan Kendrick, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
FreeCast shows aggregation UI and broadcast platform at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, FreeCast is bringing a renewed focus on the user interface. The company's SmartGuide delivers to consumers all of the world's entertainment content, on all of their devices, all on one account.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, CES2022, Digital TV, Mobile, USA, UX
Freecast unveils hybrid-DTT Android box for the US
Aug 10, 2017 – FreeCast has unveiled its set-top box, which the company envisions as a low-cost replacement not just for the cable box, but expensive cable and satellite TV service. Dubbed OneBox, the Android-based device will boast hardware specs comparable to those of a modern quad-core PC.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
Apr 25, 2017 – With the ATSC 3.0 standard, FreeCast plans to offer hundreds of TV networks, including pay channels, over-the-air. FreeCast's upcoming ONE set top box will play a key role, adding crucial elements of the current pay-TV experience to the broadcast lineup.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
FreeCast Select TV STB to be unveiled at CES 2016
Jan 5, 2016 – FreeCast will be featured at the ShowStoppers press event during this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, where the company will unveil its set top box, due to hit big box retailers early this year.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, CES2022, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0