Digital TV News: FreeCast
FreeCast to launch app-less streaming platform in winter 2022
Jul 8, 2022 – FreeCast has revealed that it's working on a content provider side app-free streaming platform. The company aims to create an aggregation point for content from multiple providers but without the need for new hardware or depending on an app-based model.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
FreeCast adds 15 streaming channels from Fast Channels TV
May 2, 2022 – FreeCast has announced a new agreement with Fast Channels TV, bringing 15 new channels to SelectTV. Each of these free ad-supported television (FAST) channels will be available to current subscribers of the SelectTV super aggregation guide.
News categories: FreeCast, Fast Channels TV, Tracy West, Russell Foy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeCast launches SelectTV Streaming TV Kit in U.S. retailers
Mar 8, 2022 – FreeCast is launching its SelectTV Streaming TV Kit with major retail partnerships. By packaging its online service into a physical device, FreeCast is targeting over 150 million potential customers who have yet to turn to streaming for TV.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
FreeCast announces advertising partnership with OTTera
Aug 24, 2021 – FreeCast and OTTera have announced that, for the ad inventory managed by FreeCast, the company will begin using OTTera's AdNet+ network as one of its partners, connecting advertisers with targeted opportunities.
News categories: FreeCast, OTTera, Randy Krull, Stephen L. Hodge, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
Jun 15, 2021 – BuyDRM has announced that Freecaster is using its studio-approved KeyOS multi-DRM platform to secure premium live and VOD content for viewers in France and around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Freecaster, Christopher Levy, Raymond Duliu, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming, Worldwide
3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
Apr 13, 2021 – 3SS has announced that FreeCast has selected the 3READY Product Framework for the UX of its aggregated OTT multiscreen service, SelectTV. The deployment further expands 3SS’ growing footprint in the Americas.
News categories: 3SS, FreeCast, Kai-Christian Borchers, William Mobley, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
ROKiT handsets to offer video using FreeCast content aggregation
Mar 26, 2019 – FreeCast has announced a deal with mobile handset manufacturer ROKiT. ROKiT will provide its customers with access to ROK TV, a branded version of FreeCast’s SmartGuide, a library of over 500,000 television episodes, movies, streaming channels, live events, music videos, and more.
News categories: FreeCast, ROK Group, William Mobley, Michael Jones, Jonathan Kendrick, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
FreeCast shows aggregation UI and broadcast platform at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, FreeCast is bringing a renewed focus on the user interface. The company's SmartGuide delivers to consumers all of the world's entertainment content, on all of their devices, all on one account.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, CES2023, Digital TV, Mobile, USA, UX
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools