Digital TV News: FreeCast
FreeCast pairs ATSC 3.0 with streaming video aggregation
Apr 15, 2023 – FreeCast has announced a whole-home solution that brings over-the-air broadcast TV channels into the FreeCast digital guide, alongside streaming channels and on-demand content.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
FreeCast launches no cost FAST channel creation service
Apr 10, 2023 – FreeCast has launched FreeCast FAST, an end-to-end solution for niche content producers and influencers wishing to turn video content into monetizable FAST channels.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
FreeCast to launch app-less streaming platform in winter 2022
Jul 8, 2022 – FreeCast has revealed that it's working on a content provider side app-free streaming platform. The company aims to create an aggregation point for content from multiple providers but without the need for new hardware or depending on an app-based model.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
FreeCast adds 15 streaming channels from Fast Channels TV
May 2, 2022 – FreeCast has announced a new agreement with Fast Channels TV, bringing 15 new channels to SelectTV. Each of these free ad-supported television (FAST) channels will be available to current subscribers of the SelectTV super aggregation guide.
News categories: FreeCast, Fast Channels TV, Tracy West, Russell Foy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeCast launches SelectTV Streaming TV Kit in U.S. retailers
Mar 8, 2022 – FreeCast is launching its SelectTV Streaming TV Kit with major retail partnerships. By packaging its online service into a physical device, FreeCast is targeting over 150 million potential customers who have yet to turn to streaming for TV.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
FreeCast announces advertising partnership with OTTera
Aug 24, 2021 – FreeCast and OTTera have announced that, for the ad inventory managed by FreeCast, the company will begin using OTTera's AdNet+ network as one of its partners, connecting advertisers with targeted opportunities.
News categories: FreeCast, OTTera, Randy Krull, Stephen L. Hodge, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
Jun 15, 2021 – BuyDRM has announced that Freecaster is using its studio-approved KeyOS multi-DRM platform to secure premium live and VOD content for viewers in France and around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Freecaster, Christopher Levy, Raymond Duliu, Digital TV, DRM, France, Streaming, Worldwide
3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
Apr 13, 2021 – 3SS has announced that FreeCast has selected the 3READY Product Framework for the UX of its aggregated OTT multiscreen service, SelectTV. The deployment further expands 3SS’ growing footprint in the Americas.
News categories: 3SS, FreeCast, Kai-Christian Borchers, William Mobley, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set