Digital TV News: Global Industry Analysts
Claro Chile to demonstrate Ultra HD with Harmonic
May 12, 2016 – Claro Chile and Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) have announced that they will demonstrate Ultra HD (UHD) delivery via Claro's distribution network. Claro will showcase UHD images, produced and delivered by Harmonic, on Sony UHD TV sets.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Chile, Alvaro Martin, Mariano Orihuela, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV
STMicroelectronics' multimedia server-box platform selected by Synology
Dec 9, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Synology have announced that ST’s HD and UltraHD multimedia server-box platform (STiH412) has been selected for Synology’s DS216play Network Attached Storage (NAS) server.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Synology, Kelvin Wong, Jones Tsai, Digital TV, Home Server, Semiconductor, Worldwide
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Global Digital Video Recorder (DVR) Households to Reach 337.6 Million by 2018
Jul 19, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on Digital Video Recorder (DVR) markets. Globally, the number of television households with DVRs is projected to reach 337.6 million by the year 2018.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global Market for PC-TV Tuners to Reach US$2.6 Billion by 2018
Jul 18, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on PC-TV Tuners markets. The world market for PC-TV Tuners resurged following a brief recessionary lull, with revenues expected to reach US$2.6 billion through 2018.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Rising Popularity of 3D Content Drives the Global 3D TV Market
Jul 17, 2012 – According to Global Industry Analysts (GIA) the market for 3D TVs is projected to exceed 200 million units by 2018, primarily driven by increased consumer interest, falling prices of 3D TVs, and the introduction of 3D standards.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV
Demand for Digital Entertainment and Growing Internet Users to Drive Global Market for Internet TV
May 3, 2012 – According to GIA, the market for Internet TV is forecast to reach US$81.2 billion by the year 2017, driven by soaring demand for digital media entertainment, growing penetration of high-bandwidth broadband, and rapid proliferation of Internet-enabled devices.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Streaming
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
Siano Debuts RallyTV, Bringing Live In-Vehicle Digital TV Directly to Apple, Android and BlackBerry Smartphones, Tablets, and Laptops
Jan 4, 2012 – Siano has announced the launch of RallyTV, a new platform for the delivery of high-quality, live in-vehicle digital TV for consumers on-the-go. RallyTV enables travelers to enjoy live TV broadcasts directly on their smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
News categories: Siano, CES2023, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029