Digital TV News: Gracenote
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Gracenote launches sports data widgets for CE and auto makers
Jan 6, 2021 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched live sports widgets, leveraging its sports data, designed to help smart TV and auto manufacturers enable dynamic sports experiences for fans at home or on-the-go.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
Sep 16, 2020 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched Gracenote Streaming Sports Catalogs. The data product ensures that sports content is easily searchable and discoverable across siloed TV platforms, services and devices.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Gracenote unveils Guide offering for streaming video services
Jan 2, 2020 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is leveraging its expertise powering linear broadcast EPGs to help on-demand video streaming services, Smart TV makers and traditional cable and satellite operators deliver next-gen content navigation, search and discovery capabilities.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Gracenote launches video ID distribution system
Sep 12, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is launching a Video ID Distribution System enabling creators and owners of media programming to more easily distribute their movies, TV shows, short-form videos and other related content to OTT services, smart device manufacturers, and cable and satellite TV providers.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Worldwide
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Gracenote's Global Video Data powers Etisalat’s E-Vision UX
Mar 10, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that Etisalat's E-Vision is using Gracenote's Global Video Data to deliver viewer experiences for IPTV, OTT and VOD, across TV and mobile applications, for close to one million viewers.
News categories: Gracenote, Etisalat, Geet Lulla, Humaid Sahoo Alsuwaidi, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UAE, UX
Nielsen rolls Sorenson Media acquisition into new addressable advertising initiative
Feb 21, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has launched an initiative, Nielsen Advanced Video Advertising, that will focus on addressable advertising for Smart TVs and beyond. As part of the initiative, Nielsen has acquired Sorenson Media.
News categories: Nielsen, David Kenny, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Cuebiq expands attribution to include Linear and Advanced TV
Jan 7, 2019 – Cuebiq has announced the launch of its TV attribution solution. The addition provides a cross-channel view of how the media mix, including both linear and advanced television, impacts the customer journey to brick-and-mortar locations.
News categories: Cuebiq, Antonio Tomarchio, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.