Digital TV News: GridNetworks
GridNetworks and Widevine Partner to Secure Premium Content Delivery
Feb 24, 2009 – GridNetworks has partnered with Widevine to secure content delivered via GridCast TV. The partnership combines Widevine's DRM with the GridCast TV service, which has a reach of over 40 million viewers through the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
News categories: Widevine, GridNetworks, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, Streaming
GridNetworks Launches Gridcast TV, A Service for Content Owners to Deliver Internet Video to the TV
Nov 17, 2008 – GridNetworks has launched GridCast TV, a service that enables content distributors to stream video directly over the internet to viewers' TVs. The service uses existing UPnP devices such as the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and internet-enabled TVs.
News categories: GridNetworks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Panorama Capital Leads $9.5MM Series A Funding in GridNetworks, Inc.
Oct 30, 2007 – GridNetworks, a leading innovator of technology and services that power Internet television, has announced a $9.5MM Series A financing led by Panorama Capital and two strategic investors to be disclosed in the future.
News categories: GridNetworks, Panorama Capital, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital
Calix to Demonstrate Advanced IPTV and Internet Video Services at TelcoTV
Oct 23, 2007 – Calix will demonstrate at TelcoTV advanced new IPTV and internet video services delivered over 2.5 Gbps GPON, VDSL2, and ADSL2+ using the Calix C7 and E5 access platforms.
News categories: Calix, Broadband, Content Distribution, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership