Digital TV News: HBO Max
HBO Max becomes Max
May 22, 2023 – HBO Max has become Max. The launch introduces a new Ultimate Ad-Free tier that will offer four concurrent streams, up to 100 offline downloads and nearly 8x more films and episodes of 4K HDR content than HBO Max.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Sudheer Sirivara, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 1.6 million DTC subscribers in 1Q 2023
May 5, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Direct-to-Consumer subscribers totalled 97.6 million at period-end, up 1.6 million versus the end of Q4 2022.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Half of ad-supported Netflix subscribers find the ad load heavy
Apr 24, 2023 – Though Netflix's ad-supported tier averages less than 5 minutes of ads per hour, 49% of Basic with Ads subscribers found it to varying degrees heavy, with 17% seeing it as excessive, according to Aluma.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
PlayOn and MediaRadar ink streaming data deal
Apr 6, 2023 – MediaRadar and PlayOn have announced that MediaRadar will use data derived from video captured via PlayOn to enhance their streaming Media advertising analytics and insights products.
News categories: MediaRadar, PlayOn, Todd Krizelman, Jeff Lawrence, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. digital entertainment consumer spending grew $3.7bn in 2022
Mar 7, 2023 – Overall U.S. consumer spending across digital and physical home entertainment formats in 2022 was more than $36.5 billion, an 11.4% increase from the almost $33 billion consumers spent in 2021.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 1.1 million DTC subscribers in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2022. Global DTC subscribers increased 1.1 million to 96.1 million at the end of Q4 versus 95.0 million subscribers at the end of Q3.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
TVision releases latest State of CTV Advertising report
Feb 23, 2023 – TVision has released its semi-annual CTV advertising' report, revealing how viewers engage with apps, which combination of apps can extend an advertiser's reach, and how to accurately value impressions.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
SkyShowtime completes Europe roll-out with Spain and Andorra launches
Feb 14, 2023 – SkyShowtime will complete its European roll-out in 2023, bringing its offering to the final markets of Spain and Andorra on February 2th. The streaming service will have launched across more than 20 markets in just five months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Andorra, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
Jan 31, 2023 – SkyShowtime is continuing its roll-out with a set of launches in Albania, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, bringing the number of live markets for the streaming service to twenty.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Gabor Harsanyi, Albania, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media