Digital TV News: Hulu
Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
Sep 28, 2023 – Xumo has teamed up with Best Buy to launch Pioneer Xumo TVs. The TVs feature universal voice search, and a user interface that enables consumers to browse content across all their streaming apps.
News categories: Xumo, Best Buy, Stephanie Cassi, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
Sep 20, 2023 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a range of updates to its Fire TV family, introducing voice search with generative AI, upgrades to the Fire TV Ambient Experience, and more powerful Fire TV Sticks.
News categories: Amazon, Tapas Roy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – Rokid has showcased its Rokid Station Android TV device at IBC 2023. Developed with HiMedia, the Rokid Station works with AR glasses to enable portable cinematic experiences anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Rokid, Hui Du, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
Sep 14, 2023 – Pixalate has introduced the Apple TV CTV Trends Report Q2 2023, analyzing Apple TV's position in the CTV device landscape and the open programmatic advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Disney and Charter agree distribution deal for Disney linear and D2C services
Sep 11, 2023 – Disney (NYSE: DIS) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced a distribution agreement, allowing the restoration of most Disney networks and stations for Spectrum customers.
News categories: Disney, Charter, Robert A. Iger, Chris Winfrey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Longtail OTT TV services expand reach in the U.S.
Aug 29, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has released its annual State of Streaming report, showing a 21% increase CTV hours per household watched, with ad supported services capturing the bulk of new viewing.
News categories: Comscore, James Muldrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. consumers cutting streaming services to save money
Aug 23, 2023 – Parks Associates has released analysis of the video services landscape showing that the average annualized subscriber churn rate for U.S. streaming video services stands at 47%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Sarah Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1,730,000 subscribers in 2Q 2023
Aug 15, 2023 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,730,000 video subscribers in 2Q 2023, compared to a loss of about 1,725,000 in 2Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data