Digital TV News: Hulu
Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
May 19, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has expanded deduplication of CTV audiences to include Smart TV OEM inventory, providing viewership data inclusive of co-viewing across Samsung and VIZIO devices, in addition to other streaming platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 17, 2022 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,955,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of 1,910,000 in 1Q 2021, and 1,960,000 in 1Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
May 17, 2022 – Hisense and Amazon Fire TV have announce the U6HF, Hisense’s first smart TV with Amazon Fire TV built-in. Available exclusively at Amazon.com, the new 50” smart TV will offer Fire TV's experience alongside the intelligence of Alexa.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
May 11, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported earnings for its second quarter ended April 2, 2022. The company increased its total streaming subscriptions to 205.6 million, with 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in the quarter.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced the release of its State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022, showing a complex viewership landscape marked by a saturated linear TV ad market, increased cord-shaving, and a high likelihood for streaming subscriber churn.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Horowitz sees slight drop in SVOD subscriptions in the U.S.
Apr 27, 2022 – A Horowitz Research study has found a slight drop in subscriptions to SVOD services in the U.S., even as the number of SVOD services has increased over the past few years and as the share of streaming compared to traditional viewing grows.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Nielsen U.S. snapshot shows streaming had largest share yet in March
Apr 21, 2022 – The Gauge, the monthly total TV and streaming snapshot from Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN), showed that streaming captured its largest share of total television usage ever in March, making up nearly 30% of overall viewing time.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Amazon Prime Video penetration at 45% in the U.S.
Apr 7, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that as of Q3 2021, Amazon Prime Video’s subscriber penetration rate is at 45% of U.S. internet households. In the first quarter of 2021, 77.3 million U.S. households were members of Amazon Prime.
News categories: Parks Associates, Eric Sorensen, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
32 million U.S. households are OTT video 'service hoppers'
Mar 31, 2022 – Parks Associates reseaarch has found that 36% of OTT subscribers, roughly 32 million U.S. households, are 'service hoppers', OTT subscribers who switched between services and resubscribed multiple times in the previous twelve months.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022