Digital TV News: Jason Briggs
Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community
Sep 13, 2021 – Credersi has announced that it will develop a global training programme for RDK. The training programme will include RDK for video, broadband, and cameras to train and certify technicians and corporations in RDK software integration.
News categories: Credersi, RDK Management, Andy Lord, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, UK, Worldwide
DTVKit releases Hybrid White Label RDK set-top box
Sep 8, 2021 – To enable OEMs and smaller satellite operators to test and evaluate RDK, DTVKit has collaborated with its members, including RDK, Mediatek, EKT and OBS, to develop a Hybrid White Label set-top box.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Paul Martin, Winson Hsu, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit welcomes RDK Management as latest member
Jul 15, 2021 – DTVKit’s DVB Core is now officially pre-integrated with the RDK. This means that the Raspberry Pi reference platform will build to include DTVKit support direct from the RDK repositories.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Agama Technologies joins RDK community
Sep 10, 2016 – Agama has joined the Reference Design Kit (RDK) community as a licensee. The integration with the RDK pre-integrated software solution will broaden the applicability of Agama's assurance and analytics to RDK-powered set-top boxes.
News categories: Agama, RDK Management, Johan Görsjö, Jason Briggs, QoE, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Espial contributes HLS and DASH software to the RDK
Dec 1, 2015 – Espial has announced software contributions to the Reference Design Kit (RDK) code base for adaptive video streaming. The contributions enable HLS (Apple) and DASH (MPEG) streaming in a RDK environment, opening up OTT services to Pay TV operators.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kumanan Yogaratnam, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SmartLabs licenses the Reference Design Kit
Aug 12, 2014 – SmartLabs has announced that it has licensed the Reference Design Kit (RDK) to advance its hybrid and IP interactive TV solutions. The RDK will integrate with the SmartLabs advanced user interface and DVB IP hybrid set top boxes.
News categories: SmartLabs, RDK Management, Mikhail Grachev, Jason Briggs, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform