Digital TV News: Jason Briggs
Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community
Sep 13, 2021 – Credersi has announced that it will develop a global training programme for RDK. The training programme will include RDK for video, broadband, and cameras to train and certify technicians and corporations in RDK software integration.
News categories: Credersi, RDK Management, Andy Lord, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, UK, Worldwide
DTVKit releases Hybrid White Label RDK set-top box
Sep 8, 2021 – To enable OEMs and smaller satellite operators to test and evaluate RDK, DTVKit has collaborated with its members, including RDK, Mediatek, EKT and OBS, to develop a Hybrid White Label set-top box.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Paul Martin, Winson Hsu, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit welcomes RDK Management as latest member
Jul 15, 2021 – DTVKit’s DVB Core is now officially pre-integrated with the RDK. This means that the Raspberry Pi reference platform will build to include DTVKit support direct from the RDK repositories.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Agama Technologies joins RDK community
Sep 10, 2016 – Agama has joined the Reference Design Kit (RDK) community as a licensee. The integration with the RDK pre-integrated software solution will broaden the applicability of Agama's assurance and analytics to RDK-powered set-top boxes.
News categories: Agama, RDK Management, Johan Görsjö, Jason Briggs, QoE, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Espial contributes HLS and DASH software to the RDK
Dec 1, 2015 – Espial has announced software contributions to the Reference Design Kit (RDK) code base for adaptive video streaming. The contributions enable HLS (Apple) and DASH (MPEG) streaming in a RDK environment, opening up OTT services to Pay TV operators.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kumanan Yogaratnam, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SmartLabs licenses the Reference Design Kit
Aug 12, 2014 – SmartLabs has announced that it has licensed the Reference Design Kit (RDK) to advance its hybrid and IP interactive TV solutions. The RDK will integrate with the SmartLabs advanced user interface and DVB IP hybrid set top boxes.
News categories: SmartLabs, RDK Management, Mikhail Grachev, Jason Briggs, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021