Digital TV News: Jason Briggs
Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community
Sep 13, 2021 – Credersi has announced that it will develop a global training programme for RDK. The training programme will include RDK for video, broadband, and cameras to train and certify technicians and corporations in RDK software integration.
News categories: Credersi, RDK Management, Andy Lord, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, UK, Worldwide
DTVKit releases Hybrid White Label RDK set-top box
Sep 8, 2021 – To enable OEMs and smaller satellite operators to test and evaluate RDK, DTVKit has collaborated with its members, including RDK, Mediatek, EKT and OBS, to develop a Hybrid White Label set-top box.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Paul Martin, Winson Hsu, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit welcomes RDK Management as latest member
Jul 15, 2021 – DTVKit’s DVB Core is now officially pre-integrated with the RDK. This means that the Raspberry Pi reference platform will build to include DTVKit support direct from the RDK repositories.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Agama Technologies joins RDK community
Sep 10, 2016 – Agama has joined the Reference Design Kit (RDK) community as a licensee. The integration with the RDK pre-integrated software solution will broaden the applicability of Agama's assurance and analytics to RDK-powered set-top boxes.
News categories: Agama, RDK Management, Johan Görsjö, Jason Briggs, QoE, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Espial contributes HLS and DASH software to the RDK
Dec 1, 2015 – Espial has announced software contributions to the Reference Design Kit (RDK) code base for adaptive video streaming. The contributions enable HLS (Apple) and DASH (MPEG) streaming in a RDK environment, opening up OTT services to Pay TV operators.
News categories: Espial, RDK Management, Kumanan Yogaratnam, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SmartLabs licenses the Reference Design Kit
Aug 12, 2014 – SmartLabs has announced that it has licensed the Reference Design Kit (RDK) to advance its hybrid and IP interactive TV solutions. The RDK will integrate with the SmartLabs advanced user interface and DVB IP hybrid set top boxes.
News categories: SmartLabs, RDK Management, Mikhail Grachev, Jason Briggs, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community