Digital TV News: Jon Kirchner
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi launches TiVo OS with Vestel as first OEM partner
Aug 31, 2022 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the launch of its independent media platform, TiVo OS. Consumer electronics leader Vestel will ship the first smart TVs Powered by TiVo™ in Europe beginning in 2023.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
May 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company expects to launch the first TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS in late 2023 or early 2024.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
May 12, 2021 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that its subsidiary TiVo Corporation has been selected as the successful bidder at auction to acquire the assets of MobiTV, in connection with MobiTV's Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
News categories: Xperi, MobiTV, TiVo, Jon Kirchner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, MandA, Media Player, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution