Digital TV News: Jon Kirchner
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi signs third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Aug 9, 2023 – In its 2nd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced it has signed a third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and Sony has agreed to deploy Xperi's content search-and-discovery web browser on its TVs.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Sharp to launch smart TVs integrating TiVo's operating system
Aug 9, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE:XPER) and Sharp have announced that Sharp is to launch smart TVs integrated with TiVo's operating system. The first TVs are expected to ship in 2024 starting in Europe.
News categories: Xperi, Sharp Corp, Jon Kirchner, Nick Chen, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart TV, TV OS
BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
May 24, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced that BMW has selected TiVo's video media platform to provide customers with access to video content, including linear and on demand streaming services.
News categories: Xperi, BMW, Jon Kirchner, Ingo Lasslop, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Xperi signs second top-10 Smart TV OEM for TiVo OS
May 9, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. In the quarter Xperi signed an agreement with a second top-10 Smart TV OEM to integrate the TiVo Operating System (TiVo OS) into their TV lineup.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi launches TiVo OS with Vestel as first OEM partner
Aug 31, 2022 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the launch of its independent media platform, TiVo OS. Consumer electronics leader Vestel will ship the first smart TVs Powered by TiVo™ in Europe beginning in 2023.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data