Digital TV News: Julien Signes
Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
Jan 18, 2022 – Cgates has gone live with Synamedia virtualized DCM to support the encoding of its 200 cable channels, in HD and 4K. Complementing the virtualized DCM, Cgates is also deploying Synamedia's Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) headend.
News categories: Synamedia, Cgates, Julien Signès, Tomas Burovas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Lithuania, Streaming
Fox selects Synamedia broadcast solution for Orlando ATSC 3.0 rollout
Aug 24, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Fox Television Stations will use its broadcast solution, featuring its virtual Digital Content Manager, to support the rollout of ATSC 3.0 in the Orlando, Florida market.
News categories: Synamedia, Fox, Julien Signès, Jeff Roberts, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
May 19, 2020 – COSMOTE TV has gone live with Synamedia’s Media Streamer CDN platform for its new streaming service. Media Streamer provides virtualized edge caching and streaming through a network of servers deployed across cities throughout Greece.
News categories: Synamedia, COSMOTE, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Streaming
Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital offer ATSC 3.0 Channel-in-the-Cloud
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced an ATSC 3.0-ready cloud solution with Thomson Broadcast and Triveni Digital, providing a fast way for station operators to trial ATSC 3.0 with minimal disruption to their existing stations before investing in on-premise equipment.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital, Julien Signes, Aby Alexander, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia announces ATSC 3.0 IRD for cable operators
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has developed an ATSC 3.0 receiver based on its Media Edge Gateway receiver/decoder (IRD). The solution can function as both an RF and IP receiver, and will enable cable operators to capitalize on the next-generation distribution market.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia adds 'as-a-Service' OTT offerings with Google Cloud
Apr 29, 2020 – Synamedia has partnered with Google Cloud to expand its video network portfolio with new OTT 'as a service' offerings. Synamedia will leverage Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) to enable customers to scale as they grow.
News categories: Synamedia, Google Cloud, Julien Signes, Anil Jain, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
Mar 31, 2020 – Italy’s regional public broadcaster RAS has gone live with Synamedia virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) as it prepares to migrate from DVB-T SD/HD to DVB-T2/HEVC HD. RAS is using the Synamedia DCM for satellite input and DVB-T transmissions and the virtualized DCM for encoding in a private cloud.
News categories: Synamedia, RAS, Dimetis, Julien Signes, Johann Silbernagl, Thomas Will, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Terrestrial
Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
Nov 12, 2019 – Czech Television (Ceska Televize) has gone live with Synamedia’s virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) and completed its transition to transmitting all programs in the DVB-T2 format.
News categories: Synamedia, Česká televize, LICA CZECH, Julien Signes, Michal Kratochvíl, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
Oct 16, 2019 – Synamedia and Triveni Digital have announced a partnership to enable customers to seamlessly transition to ATSC 3.0. Also announced is a current deployment with a major U.S. television production company.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Synamedia, Mark Simpson, Julien Signes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022