Digital TV News: Julien Signes
COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
May 19, 2020 – COSMOTE TV has gone live with Synamedia’s Media Streamer CDN platform for its new streaming service. Media Streamer provides virtualized edge caching and streaming through a network of servers deployed across cities throughout Greece.
News categories: Synamedia, COSMOTE, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, OTT
Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital offer ATSC 3.0 Channel-in-the-Cloud
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced an ATSC 3.0-ready cloud solution with Thomson Broadcast and Triveni Digital, providing a fast way for station operators to trial ATSC 3.0 with minimal disruption to their existing stations before investing in on-premise equipment.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomson Broadcast, Triveni Digital, Julien Signes, Aby Alexander, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia announces ATSC 3.0 IRD for cable operators
May 6, 2020 – Synamedia has developed an ATSC 3.0 receiver based on its Media Edge Gateway receiver/decoder (IRD). The solution can function as both an RF and IP receiver, and will enable cable operators to capitalize on the next-generation distribution market.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, ATSC 3.0, Cable TV, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia adds 'as-a-Service' OTT offerings with Google Cloud
Apr 29, 2020 – Synamedia has partnered with Google Cloud to expand its video network portfolio with new OTT 'as a service' offerings. Synamedia will leverage Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) to enable customers to scale as they grow.
News categories: Synamedia, Google Cloud, Julien Signes, Anil Jain, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
Mar 31, 2020 – Italy’s regional public broadcaster RAS has gone live with Synamedia virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) as it prepares to migrate from DVB-T SD/HD to DVB-T2/HEVC HD. RAS is using the Synamedia DCM for satellite input and DVB-T transmissions and the virtualized DCM for encoding in a private cloud.
News categories: Synamedia, RAS, Dimetis, Julien Signes, Johann Silbernagl, Thomas Will, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Terrestrial
Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
Nov 12, 2019 – Czech Television (Ceska Televize) has gone live with Synamedia’s virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) and completed its transition to transmitting all programs in the DVB-T2 format.
News categories: Synamedia, Česká televize, LICA CZECH, Julien Signes, Michal Kratochvíl, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
Oct 16, 2019 – Synamedia and Triveni Digital have announced a partnership to enable customers to seamlessly transition to ATSC 3.0. Also announced is a current deployment with a major U.S. television production company.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Synamedia, Mark Simpson, Julien Signes, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Synamedia launches new video network solutions at IBC
Sep 9, 2019 – At IBC, Synamedia will unveil additions to its video network portfolio and will show a real-world streaming use case with a latency from content ingest to display on the OTT device of just 6 seconds - equivalent to broadcast latency.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Worldwide
WarnerMedia Asia Pacific chooses Synamedia content delivery solution
Jul 25, 2019 – WarnerMedia Asia Pacific has chosen Synamedia for its satellite content delivery system. Synamedia technologies will reduce bandwidth costs, deliver next-generation security, and prepare the company’s satellite system for future IP delivery innovations.
News categories: Synamedia, WarnerMedia, Julien Signes, Luis Esparza, Gustavo Fracassi, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K