Digital TV News: LG
New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
Mar 22, 2023 – As the number of Fire TV devices sold passes 200 million globally, Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the expansion of its Amazon-built TV series and their availability in more countries.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Germany, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS, UK, USA, Worldwide
Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
Mar 21, 2023 – Bedrock has extended the availability of ad-free streaming service, 6play max, to Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and LG TVs, enabling 6play to now reach its users on almost all the OTT installed base in France.
News categories: Bedrock, 6play, Apps, Digital TV, France, Streaming
EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
Mar 21, 2023 – Liberty Global Belgium has announced that it is intending to launch a takeover bid for all the shares of Telenet Group Holding that it does not already own or that are not held by Telenet.
News categories: Liberty Global, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
Mar 21, 2023 – Proximus is now using ThinkAnalytics' Think360 to power its Pickx service on all platforms. Think360 uses AI and ML to analyze Pickx subscribers' viewing behaviour to help them find new content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Proximus, Richard Dowling, Raphaël De Beys, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UX
Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
Mar 21, 2023 – Allente, with 3SS and SEI Robotics, has launched a 4K dongle, based on Google TV, with a UX built on 3SS' 3Ready framework. The Allente app is installed from Google Play during first time installation.
News categories: 3SS, SEI Robotics, Google TV, Allente, Amanda Short, Jon Espen Nergård, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden, UX
Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
Mar 16, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Mainstream Media AG has launched a female-centred FAST channel, Starke Frauen, using Amagi's CLOUDPORT for playout and THUNDERSTORM for ad insertion.
News categories: Amagi, Mainstream Media AG, Srinivasan KA, Tim Werner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
Mar 13, 2023 – MwareTV, with a content partner, has launched a one-stop management and delivery service, including more than 200 TV channels, for ISPs and the like, in the US.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow
Pixalate releases H2 2022 CTV ad supply chain report
Mar 7, 2023 – Pixalate has released its H2 2022 Global Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Trends Report, an analysis of the state of open programmatic CTV advertising through the second half of 2022.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania