Digital TV News: Leonard M Fertig
Motive releases TabletTV App for Apple TV in the U.S.
Feb 1, 2016 – Motive Television has announced that it has received approval from Apple for its App and released it for sale and use on the Apple TV platform.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
TabletTV Plus to launch mid-Q4 in the United States
Oct 8, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that Tablet Television, the joint venture between Motive Television and Granite Broadcasting, is launching TabletTV Plus in mid-4th quarter within the United States.
News categories: Motive Television, TabletTV, Granite Broadcasting, Leonard M Fertig, Luc Tomasino, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
Motive to add OTT channels to TabletTV
Jul 13, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that it has developed technology to add Internet-delivered channels to its TabletTV product. Examples of channels that will be available in the UK include YouTube, BBC iPlayer, STV Player, ITV Player, All4, BT Sport, and Netflix.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Tablet, UK
Motive develops world’s first Mobile PVR for ATSC
Jul 2, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that it has developed a Mobile Personal Video Recorder (PVR), which the company believes is the world’s first ATSC format PVR for mobile devices. Mobile PVR is entirely based on proprietary Motive software.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, DVR, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
iWedia provides MHEG-5 engine for TabletTV UK app
Jun 22, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided the MHEG-5 engine for the TabletTV UK app of Motive Television. Motive’s TabletTV UK app combined with a tuner delivers a full Freeview viewing experience on tablets in the UK.
News categories: iWedia, Motive Television, Hervé Creff, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
TabletTV for Android devices launched in UK and USA
Jun 10, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that the first TabletTV US and UK apps for Android are now available. Users of Samsung Android tablets will be able to join those with iPads in being able to watch and record over-the-air television on their tablets.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Motive adds Google Chromecast to TabletTV
Jan 19, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that following recent meetings and discussions with Google, the Company will begin integrating Google’s Chromecast technology into Motive’s TabletTV apps.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Mobile, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Tablet TV tuner launches in UK in time for Christmas
Dec 8, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that the Company will start taking pre-orders for TabletTV UK (TTVUK) for Christmas delivery. TabletTV UK will make it possible for viewers to watch over-the-air Freeview channels on their tablet or mobile device.
News categories: Motive Television, TabletTV UK, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UK
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0