Digital TV News: Leonard M Fertig
Motive releases TabletTV App for Apple TV in the U.S.
Feb 1, 2016 – Motive Television has announced that it has received approval from Apple for its App and released it for sale and use on the Apple TV platform.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
TabletTV Plus to launch mid-Q4 in the United States
Oct 8, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that Tablet Television, the joint venture between Motive Television and Granite Broadcasting, is launching TabletTV Plus in mid-4th quarter within the United States.
News categories: Motive Television, TabletTV, Granite Broadcasting, Leonard M Fertig, Luc Tomasino, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
Motive to add OTT channels to TabletTV
Jul 13, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that it has developed technology to add Internet-delivered channels to its TabletTV product. Examples of channels that will be available in the UK include YouTube, BBC iPlayer, STV Player, ITV Player, All4, BT Sport, and Netflix.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Tablet, UK
Motive develops world’s first Mobile PVR for ATSC
Jul 2, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that it has developed a Mobile Personal Video Recorder (PVR), which the company believes is the world’s first ATSC format PVR for mobile devices. Mobile PVR is entirely based on proprietary Motive software.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DVR, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
iWedia provides MHEG-5 engine for TabletTV UK app
Jun 22, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided the MHEG-5 engine for the TabletTV UK app of Motive Television. Motive’s TabletTV UK app combined with a tuner delivers a full Freeview viewing experience on tablets in the UK.
News categories: iWedia, Motive Television, Hervé Creff, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
TabletTV for Android devices launched in UK and USA
Jun 10, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that the first TabletTV US and UK apps for Android are now available. Users of Samsung Android tablets will be able to join those with iPads in being able to watch and record over-the-air television on their tablets.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Motive adds Google Chromecast to TabletTV
Jan 19, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that following recent meetings and discussions with Google, the Company will begin integrating Google’s Chromecast technology into Motive’s TabletTV apps.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Mobile, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Tablet TV tuner launches in UK in time for Christmas
Dec 8, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that the Company will start taking pre-orders for TabletTV UK (TTVUK) for Christmas delivery. TabletTV UK will make it possible for viewers to watch over-the-air Freeview channels on their tablet or mobile device.
News categories: Motive Television, TabletTV UK, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UK
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks