Digital TV News: Michel Azibert
Armenia’s SHANT TV launches international HD platform with Eutelsat
Jul 12, 2017 – SHANT TV, the Armenian commercial broadcaster, has announced that 15 July marks the launch of its new international multi-channel platform from the HOTBIRD video neighbourhood operated by Eutelsat (Paris:ETL).
News categories: Eutelsat, SHANT TV, Michel Azibert, Arthur Yezekyan, Armenia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Burkina Faso selects Eutelsat to speed DTT deployment
May 30, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced an agreement for satellite capacity with Société burkinabè de télédiffusion (SBT), the public agency deploying DTT channels across Burkina Faso. The contract is a major step in the drive to accelerate analogue switch-off in Burkina Faso.
News categories: Eutelsat, Société burkinabè de télédiffusion, Michel Azibert, Kadidia Savadogo, Burkina Faso, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Eutelsat provides satellite capacity for Ethiosat
May 10, 2017 – Ethiopia’s Information Network Security Agency (INSA) has officially launched Ethiosat, its TV platform. For the service, INSA has inked a contract with Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) for capacity at its 7/8°W neighbourhood.
News categories: Eutelsat, Information Network Security Agency, Michel Azibert, Gebremeskel Teklemariam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Mega-Choice Digital launches in Ghana on Eutelsat 16A
Jan 25, 2017 – Mega-Choice Digital Network has officially launched its Direct-to-Home TV service in Ghana. A ten-year contract has been inked with Eutelsat Communications (Paris: ETL) for capacity on EUTELSAT 16A.
News categories: Eutelsat, Mega-Choice, Michel Azibert, Dr. Chief Crystal-Djirackor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite
Satellite in 91% of TV homes in Middle East and North Africa
Nov 16, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has unveiled the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa. Overall, satellite remains the backbone of digital TV infrastructure, reaching into 56.1 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
21.5 million German TV homes receiving channels via HOT BIRD
Jun 8, 2016 – Eutelsat has revealed the first results of its Eutelsat TV Observatory 2016 for the German market. From 2014 to 2016, the HOT BIRD position increased its German DTH audience by 30% to 3.1 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, ANGA COM, Germany, Market Research, Satellite
ONT to broadcast Tunisian channels to West Africa on Eutelsat
May 24, 2016 – The Tunisian broadcasting corporation (ONT) has signed a multi-year contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to broadcast its new subscription-free TV platform across North and West Africa on EUTELSAT 7 West A.
News categories: Eutelsat, ONT, Michel Azibert, Dhaker Baccouch, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tunisia
EUTELSAT 7B chosen by Liquid Telecom for Africa DTH
May 3, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced an agreement with Liquid Telecom for multiple transponders on EUTELSAT 7B. Liquid Telecom will use the satellite to service its broadcast requirement for DTH services across the African continent.
News categories: Eutelsat, Liquid Telecom, Michel Azibert, Scott Mumford, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion