Digital TV News: Microsoft
Mediaset España selects Unified Streaming technology
May 3, 2022 – Unified Streaming is partnering with Mediaset España to optimize Mediaset's live streaming and linear programming. Mediaset España is also implementing Unified technology for content protection and to package its VOD catalog, with and without DRM.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Mediaset, Ewout Meijer, Manuel Jesús Guisado, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain
Pluto TV comes to Xbox consoles and Windows PCs
Mar 31, 2022 – Pluto TV has announced the availability of its free streaming television service on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and on PCs with Windows 10 or Windows 11, in several European countries and in Latin America.
News categories: Pluto TV, Xbox, Olivier Jollet, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Streaming
beIN MEDIA selects Quortex and Cognacq-Jay Image to power sports streaming
Mar 29, 2022 – Cognacq-Jay Image, in partnership with Quortex, has announced that beIN MEDIA has chosen Quortex’s technology to provide streaming services for its sports content in the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Cognacq-Jay Image, Quortex, beIN MEDIA, François Nguyen, Marc Baillavoine, Faisal Al Raisi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Limelight to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast
Mar 7, 2022 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast, a provider of edge security, content delivery and video services, in an all-stock transaction.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Edgecast, Bob Lyons, Jim Lanzone, Reed Rayman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Telefónica to expand Microsoft collaboration to the consumer market
Feb 28, 2022 – Telefónica has announced the expansion of its partnership with Microsoft to include initiatives in the consumer market. The initiatives contemplate the development and commercialization of new proposals and solutions for the home.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Chema Alonso, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
MwareTV integrates Irdeto DRM for MultTV in Brazil
Feb 22, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto Control DRM solution has been integrated into MwareTV's IPTV/OTT distribution platform. The first implementation of Irdeto with MwareTV will be rolled out at shared services provider MultTV in Brazil.
News categories: MwareTV, Irdeto, MultTV, Sander Kerstens, Doug Lowther, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV
Viaccess-Orca powers Android TV offering at Orange Slovensko
Feb 21, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Slovensko has launched an Android TV offering with VO's DRM solutions. VO provides Orange Slovensko with solutions for content protection and multi-DRM management on its Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange Slovensko, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Martin Lednár, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Irdeto and TASS introduce multi-DRM solution including China DRM
Feb 14, 2022 – Irdeto has collaborated with Beijing Jiangnan Tianan Technology (TASS) to introduce a multi-DRM solution that includes China DRM and supports all the leading commercial DRMs, enabling Chinese operators to deploy services in China and worldwide.
News categories: Irdeto, TASS, Shane McCarthy, Deng Xiaosi, China, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report