Digital TV News: Mike Sievert
Proof of vaccination required to attend CES 2022
Aug 18, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will require in-person attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. CES 2022 will take place in Las Vegas on January 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile introduces TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has introduced TVision Home, a rebranded and upgraded version of Layer3 TV. TVision Home is launching in Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC metro areas, as well as Longmont CO, with other markets coming later this year.
News categories: T-Mobile, TVision, John Legere, Mike Sievert, 5G, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
T-Mobile closes Layer3 TV acquisition
Jan 23, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has announced the completion of its acquisition of Layer3 TV. The Layer3 TV team has joined T-Mobile and will drive the Un-carrier’s initiative to launch a disruptive new TV service in 2018.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile announces the acquisition of Layer3 TV
Dec 13, 2017 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the next phase in its mobile video strategy, announcing plans to launch a TV service in 2018. To fuel that, the company also announced that it is to acquire Layer3 TV, and will work with them to create the TV service.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Mike Sievert, Jeff Binder, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data