Digital TV News: Mike Sievert
Proof of vaccination required to attend CES 2022
Aug 18, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will require in-person attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. CES 2022 will take place in Las Vegas on January 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile introduces TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has introduced TVision Home, a rebranded and upgraded version of Layer3 TV. TVision Home is launching in Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC metro areas, as well as Longmont CO, with other markets coming later this year.
News categories: T-Mobile, TVision, John Legere, Mike Sievert, 5G, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
T-Mobile closes Layer3 TV acquisition
Jan 23, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has announced the completion of its acquisition of Layer3 TV. The Layer3 TV team has joined T-Mobile and will drive the Un-carrier’s initiative to launch a disruptive new TV service in 2018.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile announces the acquisition of Layer3 TV
Dec 13, 2017 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the next phase in its mobile video strategy, announcing plans to launch a TV service in 2018. To fuel that, the company also announced that it is to acquire Layer3 TV, and will work with them to create the TV service.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Mike Sievert, Jeff Binder, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021