Digital TV News: Mike Sievert
T-Mobile TVision Live, Live+ and Live Zone services winding down on April 29
Mar 29, 2021 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has instead announced plans to expand its collaboration with Google across a wide array of customer experiences later this year, including embracing YouTube TV as T-Mobile’s premium TV solution.
News categories: T-Mobile, Google, Mike Sievert, Hiroshi Lockheimer, Android TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA
T-Mobile introduces TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has introduced TVision Home, a rebranded and upgraded version of Layer3 TV. TVision Home is launching in Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC metro areas, as well as Longmont CO, with other markets coming later this year.
News categories: T-Mobile, TVision, John Legere, Mike Sievert, 5G, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
T-Mobile closes Layer3 TV acquisition
Jan 23, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has announced the completion of its acquisition of Layer3 TV. The Layer3 TV team has joined T-Mobile and will drive the Un-carrier’s initiative to launch a disruptive new TV service in 2018.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, OTT, USA
T-Mobile announces the acquisition of Layer3 TV
Dec 13, 2017 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the next phase in its mobile video strategy, announcing plans to launch a TV service in 2018. To fuel that, the company also announced that it is to acquire Layer3 TV, and will work with them to create the TV service.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Mike Sievert, Jeff Binder, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Plex raises $50 million from investor Intercap
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming