Digital TV News: Mike Fries
Liberty Global to Acquire Virgin Media
Feb 6, 2013 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) and Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) have announced that they have entered into an agreement pursuant to which Liberty Global will acquire Virgin Media in a stock and cash merger valued at approximately $23.3 billion.
News categories: Liberty Global, Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, UK
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Liberty Global Unveils Next-Generation TV Platform at IBC
Sep 8, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has presented 'Horizon', an elegant media and entertainment platform for the home, which seamlessly integrates cable, web-based and personal content.
News categories: Liberty Global, Apps, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2020, Middleware, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet
Strong Cable Digital TV & Broadband Growth In Europe
Feb 15, 2011 – Latest figures released by Cable Europe show that the European cable industry's ongoing investments in next generation internet access and digital television keeps paying off.
News categories: Cable Europe, Broadband, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Liberty Global to Build Multimedia Home Gateway with Samsung, Intel, NDS and Nagravision
May 12, 2010 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA; LBTYB; LBTYK) has announced plans to work with Samsung (Seoul: 005930), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), NDS and Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX) to build a revolutionary new device for its digital TV customers.
News categories: Liberty Global, Samsung, Intel Corp, Nagravision, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Liberty Global to Sell J:COM Interest to KDDI
Jan 24, 2010 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has reached an agreement to sell the subsidiaries that hold its 37.8% ownership interest in Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd. (J:COM) to KDDI Corporation.
News categories: Liberty Global, J:COM, KDDI, Cable TV, Japan, MnA
Liberty Global to Acquire Unitymedia
Nov 13, 2009 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced that it has entered into a share purchase agreement with Unity Media S.C.A. to acquire all of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Unitymedia GmbH, Germany's second largest cable operator.
News categories: Liberty Global, Unitymedia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, MnA
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers