Digital TV News: MobiTV
C Spire and MobiTV host app-based TV streaming workshop
Sep 22, 2017 – C Spire and MobiTV are hosting a workshop on Oct. 4 with interested pay TV operators to showcase an IP video delivery platform that powers in-home TV streaming and eliminates the need for traditional set top boxes.
News categories: C Spire, MobiTV, Ashley Phillips, Charlie Nooney, Apps, OTT, USA
MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
Feb 21, 2017 – MobiTV has announced that it has closed $21M in funding from Oak Investment Partners and Ally Corporate Finance. The funding will accelerate expansion of the MobiTV Connect Platform to enable IP delivery for Pay TV providers.
News categories: MobiTV, Oak Investment Partners, Ally Corporate Finance, Charlie Nooney, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA, Venture Capital
Mobile TV market on cusp of unprecedented growth
Aug 26, 2016 – The global market for mobile TV is exceedingly fragmented and the top 10 players accounted for a mere 23.3% in 2015. These companies do, however, enjoy a strong foothold in several regional markets and have set entry-level barriers rather high.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
C Spire first to use MobiTV TV Everywhere platform
Jul 25, 2016 – MobiTV has announced the MobiTV Connect Platform, an IP video delivery solution which allows cable operators to utilize the popular connected TV devices and streaming boxes already in a large majority of U.S. homes.
News categories: MobiTV, C Spire, Charlie Nooney, Suzy Hays, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
MobiTV selected for TV Bank multiscreen service in Japan
Nov 17, 2014 – MobiTV and TV Bank have announced a partnership to leverage MobiTV's software-based platform and NetDVR (nDVR) technology to extend TV services across screens. The service will enable a robust entertainment experience on connected devices.
News categories: MobiTV, TV Bank, Charlie Nooney, Tomotaka Nakagawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, OTT
MobiTV powers Deutsche Telekom Network DVR
Oct 13, 2014 – MobiTV has announced that it is powering the cloud recording capabilities of Deutsche Telekom's 'Entertain to go' streaming service. 'Entertain to go' delivers live and on-demand programming across screens in and out of the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Deutsche Telekom, Paul Scanlan, Gert von Manteuffel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile
Amlogic to provide chipset for MobiTV HDMI dongle
Jul 8, 2014 – MobiTV has announced a collaboration with Amlogic to provide the chipset for MobiTV's streaming sticks. The Amlogic AML8726-MX System-on-chip (SoC) will be the foundation of a white-labeled multiscreen service.
News categories: MobiTV, Amlogic, Charlie Nooney, John Zhong, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Verizon to demonstrate LTE Multicast over 4G LTE at Indy 500
May 21, 2014 – Verizon Wireless has announced that it will demonstrate LTE Multicast for the first time in the United States over its commercial 4G LTE network.
News categories: Verizon Wireless, 5G, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
MobiTV collaborates with Jabil to develop HDMI dongle
Feb 24, 2014 – MobiTV has announced that with Jabil Circuit (NYSE: JBL) it has developed a white-label HDMI dongle that can be branded and deployed by wireless operators to deliver a turnkey in-home TV everywhere experience.
News categories: MobiTV, Jabil, Charlie Nooney, Keith Cochran, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5