Digital TV News: NationalChip
NationalChip adds Eutelsat FTA EPG to set-top box chipset
Sep 14, 2023 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and NationalChip are bringing an FTA satellite TV viewing experience to homes around the world thanks to the integration of Sat.tv services in a NationalChip chipset.
News categories: Eutelsat, NationalChip, Laurence Delpy, Vincent Huang, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Arteris IP interconnect used by NationalChip for STB SoCs
Feb 5, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that NationalChip has successfully produced satellite and terrestrial digital TV set top box (STB) systems-on-chip (SoC) using Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP as the on-chip communication backbone.
News categories: Arteris IP, NationalChip, K. Charles Janac, Feng Ye, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Dolby Digital Plus Powers China's Terrestrial Broadcast
Jun 29, 2011 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Dolby® Digital Plus and Dolby Digital have been selected as optional technologies for China's recently released national DTMB Receiver Specification for set-top boxes and TVs.
News categories: Dolby, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nationalchip Plans to Offer Chip Designs with Dolby Digital Plus for Next-Generation Broadcast Systems
Sep 29, 2010 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced plans to develop an implementation licensing program in China. The company also stated that it is working with Nationalchip to offer chip designs that support Dolby® Digital Plus.
News categories: Dolby, Nationalchip, China, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Worldwide Leading Satellite STB IC Makers' Product Development Strategy
Feb 27, 2008 – As digital satellite TV services have taken off, the satellite TV Set Top Box (STB) has become the mainstream STB type; global shipments of digital satellite TV STBs in 2007 totaled 72.2 million units.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029