Digital TV News: Neil Smit
FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
Feb 12, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and FreeWheel have expanded their relationship to include the Nielsen Data Management Platform (DMP). Using the Nielsen DMP, Freewheel Markets can now analyze, build and target advanced audiences across Connected TV, Over-the-Top and digital video.
News categories: Nielsen, FreeWheel, Damian Garbaccio, Neil Smith, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
4C adds video inventory from FreeWheel, SpotX and Telaria
Oct 2, 2018 – 4C has announced new video integrations with FreeWheel, SpotX, and Telaria. The integrations will make video advertising inventory from streaming services and content providers available within the Scope by 4C platform.
News categories: 4C Insights, FreeWheel, SpotX, Telaria, Lance Neuhauser, Neil Smith, Mike Shehan, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Rogers adopts Comcast's X1 for next-gen IPTV
Dec 16, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced that it will be deploying Comcast's X1 IP-based video platform to provide its customers with a next-generation of video experience.
News categories: Comcast, Rogers, Neil Smit, Alan Horn, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Comcast to launch Netflix on X1
Nov 4, 2016 – Comcast has announced the launch of Netflix on millions of X1 devices. Netflix content will be integrated into Xfinity On Demand, enabling X1 customers to watch past and current seasons of shows all in one place.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Neil Smit, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
zeebox TV companion app makes U.S. debut
Sep 27, 2012 – zeebox has announced that Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, HBO and Cinemax are teaming with zeebox to support its cross-channel TV viewing companion app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and the Web.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
Comcast and Skype to Bring a New HD Video Calling Experience to the Television
Jun 14, 2011 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) and Skype have announced that the companies have entered into a strategic partnership that will enable Comcast customers to communicate with family and friends through HD video calling on their television.
News categories: Skype, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Charter Communications Commences Previously Announced Financial Restructuring
Mar 27, 2009 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) and its subsidiaries have commenced the next phase of its previously announced financial restructuring, which is expected to reduce the Company's debt by approximately $8 billion.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finance, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December