Digital TV News: Neil Smit
FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
Feb 12, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and FreeWheel have expanded their relationship to include the Nielsen Data Management Platform (DMP). Using the Nielsen DMP, Freewheel Markets can now analyze, build and target advanced audiences across Connected TV, Over-the-Top and digital video.
News categories: Nielsen, FreeWheel, Damian Garbaccio, Neil Smith, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
4C adds video inventory from FreeWheel, SpotX and Telaria
Oct 2, 2018 – 4C has announced new video integrations with FreeWheel, SpotX, and Telaria. The integrations will make video advertising inventory from streaming services and content providers available within the Scope by 4C platform.
News categories: 4C Insights, FreeWheel, SpotX, Telaria, Lance Neuhauser, Neil Smith, Mike Shehan, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Rogers adopts Comcast's X1 for next-gen IPTV
Dec 16, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced that it will be deploying Comcast's X1 IP-based video platform to provide its customers with a next-generation of video experience.
News categories: Comcast, Rogers, Neil Smit, Alan Horn, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Comcast to launch Netflix on X1
Nov 4, 2016 – Comcast has announced the launch of Netflix on millions of X1 devices. Netflix content will be integrated into Xfinity On Demand, enabling X1 customers to watch past and current seasons of shows all in one place.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Neil Smit, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
zeebox TV companion app makes U.S. debut
Sep 27, 2012 – zeebox has announced that Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, HBO and Cinemax are teaming with zeebox to support its cross-channel TV viewing companion app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and the Web.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
Comcast and Skype to Bring a New HD Video Calling Experience to the Television
Jun 14, 2011 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) and Skype have announced that the companies have entered into a strategic partnership that will enable Comcast customers to communicate with family and friends through HD video calling on their television.
News categories: Skype, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Charter Communications Commences Previously Announced Financial Restructuring
Mar 27, 2009 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) and its subsidiaries have commenced the next phase of its previously announced financial restructuring, which is expected to reduce the Company's debt by approximately $8 billion.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finance, USA
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed