Digital TV News: Philippe Alcaras
AirTies launches RDK-based Wi-Fi solution
Oct 18, 2018 – AirTies has announced plans to make its managed Wi-Fi solution available for devices running the RDK software platform in Q1 2019. The company also disclosed that a Tier 1 operator expects to deploy AirTies' software on an RDK-based CPE in the coming year.
News categories: AirTies, RDK Management, Philippe Alcaras, Steve Heeb, BBWF, CPE, RDK, SCTE•ISBE, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sky Q devices to use AirTies Mesh technology
Jan 26, 2016 – AirTies has announced that its Mesh technology has been chosen by Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment company, to enable the Sky Q, its next-generation home entertainment system, which will be available in early 2016.
News categories: AirTies, Sky, Philippe Alcaras, Andrew Olson, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
AirTies and SoftAtHome partner for low-cost wireless HEVC set-top
Sep 15, 2014 – AirTies and SoftAtHome have announced a partnership to develop a 'light' cost-optimised HEVC set-top box in a compact form factor. The box also supports Home Wi-Fi Meshing.
News categories: SoftAtHome, AirTies, Michel Degland, Philippe Alcaras, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
AirTies endorses Frog by Wyplay open source initiative
Sep 10, 2013 – AirTies has announced that it is to collaborate with Wyplay in support of the Frog by Wyplay initiative. The initiative provides access to full source code including: client device middleware, backend add-ons and companion applications.
News categories: Wyplay, AirTies, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product