Digital TV News: Play
ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
Feb 24, 2021 – ENGINE has announced ENGINE Device Graph+, expanding its cookieless offering with a suite of CTV and omnichannel media solutions, allowing for integrated planning and buying across CTV, mobile, display and video environments.
News categories: ENGINE Media Exchange, Michael Zacharski, Big Data, OTT, Smart TV, USA
CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
Feb 24, 2021 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that, with LG, it has expanded licensing of its Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV software technology to include 3rd party TV brands running LG's webOS smart TV platform.
News categories: CEVA, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
Feb 23, 2021 – Even though cloud gaming only represented 1% of video games industry revenue in 2020, the technology is expected to fundamentally change the space over the next ten years growing at a CAGR of 40% to 2030, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, 5G, Content Distribution, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
Feb 23, 2021 – Amino has announced that Cablenet has begun to roll-out Amigo 7XC Android TV set-top boxes to its cable and fiber customers in Cyprus. Following extensive lab and field tests, the roll-out began in December 2020.
News categories: Amino, Cablenet, Donald McGarva, Charalambos Moyseos, Android TV, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
Feb 19, 2021 – The DVB Steering Board has updated its DVB Targeted Advertising specification and published a new DVB Home Broadcast specification for in-home redistribution of broadcast TV services to IP devices.
News categories: DVB Project, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Smart Home, Worldwide
Roku releases 4Q 2020 results
Feb 18, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) has released fourth quarter and fiscal year 2020 results. In 2020, the Roku OS was the No. 1 smart TV operating system in the U.S. with 38% unit share of smart TVs sold.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Subscribers, UK, USA
rlaxx TV now available on Apple TV and Panasonic, Grundig Smart TVs
Feb 17, 2021 – rlaxx TV is now available on Apple TV, and smart TVs by Panasonic and Grundig in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The new availability adds around 8.5 million to the existing installed base.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland, UK
Two new telecoms partnerships for Gamestream
Feb 17, 2021 – Gamestream has two new cloud gaming partnerships. Telekom Slovenije has launched NEO Gaming, a white-label version of the Gamestream platform, and Bouygues Telecom has adopted Gamestream's Pleio consumer service.
News categories: Gamestream, Telekom Slovenije, Bouygues Telecom, Ivan Lebeau, Samo Ošina, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Slovenia
Altimedia provides web-based middleware for VOO TV+
Feb 15, 2021 – Altimedia has announced that it has provided the web-based middleware platform used for VOO TV+, a personalized, multiscreen television experience launched by VOO on February 15th in Belgium.
News categories: Altimedia, VOO, Jungcheol Park, Christian Vyncke, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results